GRUME29/30 (100%)
NOCvember
29/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2)
(NW-SE | cheeks & S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette EFBT with Blue Lasta handleBolzano (8)Razorock 400 Plissoft
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~15 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

I intended to shave with the Gillette and my Timeless, but stubble was on the milder side and therefore I only used the Tech. Going with a Bolzano on its 8th run it was a very smooth shave with no hassles and all dazzles. Smooth, comfortable and the Bolzano not showing any signs of fatigue. BBS level was achieved relatively easy, although I have the feeling the longevity of the BBS will be less than with my other blades / razors. The Tech is a versatile and nimble razor that is about as good as razors get - also bearing in mind the age of this razor.

The Razorock brush is my favorite currently and it lathers exuberantly well. Nice slickness and glide and of course the soap being Proraso Green with a menthol kick between passes. Wonderfully soft and yet with enough backbone for me. Really a great brush.

Floïd's stang at first and provided that nice and warm sensation in combination with a barbershop scent.

Excellent start of the day I would say!

We have one day left in NOCvember so if you haven't already: bring out those Unicorns, Holy Grails and other magnificent safety bar razors for one last shave in November! For me that will be the Timeless Ti95 SCB!

GRUBFing until I can start GRUME on December 1st
NOCvember

PXL_20221129_155700071.MP.jpg

Merkur 34C
Gillette Platinum (29)
Stirling finest badger
Stirling Scots Pine Sheep

Hey Guys
I am really leaning toward synthetic brushes...but I like the size and fan shape of this badger. Another reason to use it today is because DecemBOAR is coming up. I may go all of December with boars and synthetics.

About the soap; I totally enjoy the earthy, woodsy, lingering scent. I can still imagine being in a beautiful quiet fall forrest. It is very similar to Elgengrau by B&M. I made the lather a tad thin and the shave was as smooth as silk. The 34C razor did not really impress me until today. Just like boar brushes, maybe it just needed a good blade that has been slightly broken in.

Take care of yourself and each other...Onward!

Also,

You are all my GRUME peeps: Greatest Razor Union Mob par Excellence!!
👍

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
NOCvember 2022
20221129_140403~3.jpg

Razor: Gillette Germany 34 Tech (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai (2)
Brush: Craving Shaving Debris Handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam G2bu EdT Spray
20221129_140511~3.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12029215

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
NOCvember

Tonight’s luxury shave
Schick Injector E3
Schick (4)
RazoRock “German” 37
Shark Platinum (2’
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower and dimethicone/glycerin/water lotion
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream

Noticed my face was a little scuffed today and vowed I would take it easy with the Injector razor tonight. I did and the shave was tedious and borderline ineffective and a tad rough. Freshened up my lather, grabbed my zamack slant razor, and enjoyed the rest of my shave. The homage to the Merkur 36/37/39 is very wonderful at a steep angle with just a tilt towards neutral on tougher whisker patches.

lasta

Blade Biter
No SOTD picture today, end of month half asleep shave. You know, one of those mornings where you have to try to keep one eye half-open...

Started the month with a Red Tip, might as well end with one. My usual face scrubbing followed by foam softener and bowl lathered Proraso. Dropped in a 5th use Gillette Super Silver and got an effortless DFS.

Tried Shiseido MG5 aftershave for the first time, a nice green tea-like scent, high alcohol content, a good amount of sting, but not too bad. A nice large "slap open slap close" bottle cap like Mandom. I love these slappy bottle caps.
1669788505342.png

Date
365 days of shaving336/332
(100%)
GRUME29/30 (100%)
NOCvember
29/30 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
Gillette Slide (2)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette EFBT with Blue Lasta handleBolzano (8)Razorock 400 Plissoft
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~15 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

I intended to shave with the Gillette and my Timeless, but stubble was on the milder side and therefore I only used the Tech. Going with a Bolzano on its 8th run it was a very smooth shave with no hassles and all dazzles. Smooth, comfortable and the Bolzano not showing any signs of fatigue. BBS level was achieved relatively easy, although I have the feeling the longevity of the BBS will be less than with my other blades / razors. The Tech is a versatile and nimble razor that is about as good as razors get - also bearing in mind the age of this razor.

The Razorock brush is my favorite currently and it lathers exuberantly well. Nice slickness and glide and of course the soap being Proraso Green with a menthol kick between passes. Wonderfully soft and yet with enough backbone for me. Really a great brush.

Floïd's stang at first and provided that nice and warm sensation in combination with a barbershop scent.

Excellent start of the day I would say!

We have one day left in NOCvember so if you haven't already: bring out those Unicorns, Holy Grails and other magnificent safety bar razors for one last shave in November! For me that will be the Timeless Ti95 SCB!
Age of a razor does not seem an issue to me, Guido.
I could send you one or two bakelites on loan.

Age of a razor does not seem an issue to me, Guido.
I could send you one or two bakelites on loan.
Thanks Jack - I was indeed referring to the same (I think). Modern day razors obviously have the advantage of modern day materials and manufacturing techniques, but my Tech provides a shave that is very much on par with modern razors. As you indeed have with your Bakelites judging from earlier posts.

Cheers,

Guido

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Timeless Tuesday
No Open Comb November SOTD

Razor: Ti95SB with @Rosseforp GTCB handle
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black (5) Ninja side
Brush: Shavemac 26/52
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
ASL: the "Veg"

I just realized it has been over a year since I got my Ti95OC, and the Ti95SB baseplate has been sitting in the drawer like a red-headed stepchild ever since, so I loaded it up with the Ninja (5) while it glared at a few of my shiny vintage Gillette razors and my WR2 with the Evil Eye.

The lather from the Shavemac 26/52 and the Fine Italian Citrus was the wonderous messy running down your chest lather that @Chan Eil Whiskers like's to talk about. The brush felt amazingly soft, with just a touch of scrub.
I thought my Shavemac 22/50 was becoming my favorite brush, but Big Red is making a strong statement for the top spot.

As soon as I started my first WTG stroke I felt the Ti95 go to work, the warm feel of the titanium immediately present as the blade firmly buzzed through the two day's worth of stubble.
While there is no more blade feel than either my WR2 of my FBT, the stiffness of the titanium steps the efficiency up a notch while providing an auditory note to let you know it is there to work.

With the Ti95 removing most of the stubble on the first pass, the second ATG pass was mostly buffing, and buffing is where this razor goes to work even though it did give me a couple of tiny weepers on both sides of my neck that disappeared almost as soon as they appeared.

I really didn't feel like I needed a third finishing pass, but the always efficient Ti95 found some stubble remaining on my lower neck that the ATG pass misses.

The Witch hazel stung, the "Veg" burned, and Nivea balm soothed the close but workmanlike shave.

~doug~

Attachments

• 20221129_201933.jpg
    20221129_201933.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

lasta

Blade Biter
Timeless Tuesday
No Open Comb November SOTD

Razor: Ti95SB with @Rosseforp GTCB handle
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black (5) Ninja side
Brush: Shavemac 26/52
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
ASL: the "Veg"

I just realized it has been over a year since I got my Ti95OC, and the Ti95SB baseplate has been sitting in the drawer like a red-headed stepchild ever since, so I loaded it up with the Ninja (5) while it glared at a few of my shiny vintage Gillette razors and my WR2 with the Evil Eye.

The lather from the Shavemac 26/52 and the Fine Italian Citrus was the wonderous messy running down your chest lather that @Chan Eil Whiskers like's to talk about. The brush felt amazingly soft, with just a touch of scrub.
I thought my Shavemac 22/50 was becoming my favorite brush, but Big Red is making a strong statement for the top spot.

As soon as I started my first WTG stroke I felt the Ti95 go to work, the warm feel of the titanium immediately present as the blade firmly buzzed through the two day's worth of stubble.
While there is no more blade feel than either my WR2 of my FBT, the stiffness of the titanium steps the efficiency up a notch while providing an auditory note to let you know it is there to work.

With the Ti95 removing most of the stubble on the first pass, the second ATG pass was mostly buffing, and buffing is where this razor goes to work even though it did give me a couple of tiny weepers on both sides of my neck that disappeared almost as soon as they appeared.

I really didn't feel like I needed a third finishing pass, but the always efficient Ti95 found some stubble remaining on my lower neck that the ATG pass misses.

The Witch hazel stung, the "Veg" burned, and Nivea balm soothed the close but workmanlike shave.

~doug~
No comments on your face, but your gear is beautiful!

Date
365 days of shaving337/333
(100%)
GRUME30/30 (100%)
NOCvember
30/30 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
Gillette Slide (2)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SC
Eddison (10)
Omega 632 Super Badger
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9.5/10 (~15 minutes)9.5/10 (Tiniest weepers on the)
EffectivenessComfort
9.5/10 (Marble-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

To end November I took out my Timeless. Still paired with the Eddison blade and together they performed exquisitely. An almost perfect shave with a marble finish except for under the nose. In fact I had a @CCS moment - I felt one or two whiskers under the nose so I had to go back after the shave and take care of those.

The Omega brush with @tjsgarden TipDip method made for an excellent Proraso lather. The lather provided wonderful glide and protection.

Floïd's let me know this was a really close shave and Nivea came to the rescue to provide coolness and nutrition to the skin.

Excellent shave!!

Thanks everyone for participating in this event! I have enjoyed the razors, the fun and laughter you all brought to this thread! Looking forward to hosting this again next year. For now, enjoy your day, enjoy Decemboar (I only have one boar, so highly unlikely that I will use that for the entire month!) if you are participating and I will see you around in other threads in this fine village called B&B.

Cheers,

Guido.

NOCvember, Day 29
20221128_103952-01-01.jpeg

Cathing up with yesterday's evening shave. The ATT CR1 razor offered a smooth and easy shave with just a hint of blade feel (I felt an Eddison Stainless, second shave), but with a rather loud audio feedback. I literally could here the whiskers scream... Two passes plus touch-ups... almost BBS. No blemishes.

Perhaps I'll do another round of NOCvember this evening... but in any case, thanks @Guido75 for hosting this event.

Last edited:
First use of this newly acquired white bakelite slant. I thought it was a Merkur, but found it is indeed German, but of unknown origin. In 2013, Italian Barber got their hands on about 150 of these and they made quite a splash. As I understand it, they were sold out fast and they seem to be very sought after since then and expensive, if you can find one. Which I did, in a shoe box with 11 bakelite and polymere vintages I got dirt cheap. Many of my best finds were hidden in boxes with lots of vintage shaving gear.
The shave? Sharpologist tested it and I agree with them. Mantics describes how he found the right angle and " The clouds parted, the rays of the sun shown down, and I may have even heard a Heavenly Chorus in the distance". This sweet superlight bird shaves like a dream.

First use also for this Ukrainian soap, which I bought as a token of support for the Kyevian artisan soap maker. Little did I know my good intentions turned into a magnificant soap. It is actually a cream. The scent is awesome, but what makes it truly stand out is the badger (!) tallow used. Super glide, easy lather and above all: the best post shave skin feel for me, ever. My skin has never felt so, how do I describe this... healthy after a shave.

I cannot recommend this razor, since it is an almost unobtanium, but the soap can be ordered from Ukraine. It is not expensive, but you have to add shipment and customs.

8076FF75-8A3D-4F1D-819D-D08407D9F629.jpeg

GRUBF...Still In:blush:
GRUME...Still Out
NOCvember...Last Day

PXL_20221130_144749153.jpg

Merkur 34C
Gillette Platinum (30)
Omega Evo 2.0
DR. Harris Lavender

Hey Guys
I think I did good prep and spent extended time lathering but on the first pass I had to be extra careful because there was a little roughness and some tugging. I will prepare better tomorrow because I want to use the blade at least one more shave and hopefully more. Follow-up passes were smoother but it was not in the DFS range.

Moving On...Thank You Brandon (@FoolishMortal) and Guido (@Guido75) for hosting these threads.
Also...Thanks to everyone else, I really enjoy reading, learning and being amused by all the postings.

Tomorrow I will start DecemBOAR 2022-Link here and December GRUME.

Take care of yourself and each other...Onward!

20220705_072451.jpg

Razor: Supply Pro Adjustable Injector Razor
Blade: Supply Black Label Injector blades
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Many thanks to @Guido75 for hosting this shaving extravaganza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom