Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(11)
Soap: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: Yaqi Moka-express 2 band badger

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
NOCvember 2022
20221127_130636~3.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (3)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam G2bu EdT Spray
20221127_130722~3.jpg

Superb razor and shave! :cool:

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12026887

Date
365 days of shaving335/331
(100%)
GRUME28/30 (100%)
NOCvember
28/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2)
(NW-SE | cheeks & S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Mühle R41
Gillette EFBT with Blue Lasta handle
Timor (2)
Bolzano (7)
Kox Blue Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Stirling Executive Man (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)8.5/10 (some minor weepers ATG)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

A great shave this morning with the Mühle at bat first. It took care of almost all the stubble on the first pass. The Timor blade behaves well in the R41. Sharp, smooth and comfortable - liking that! Next up was the Tech and on the cheeks it almost felt I wasn't using a blade at all. ATG to finish everything off and BBS was smooth and comfortable.

Two more days in GRUME November and two more days of enjoyment in NOCvember! And my first anniversary is coming up too: one year of DE shaving (and not going back to something else!).

Detailed shave notes can be found: here

Enjoy your days everyone!

NOCvember, Day 28

20221127_175643-01-01.jpeg

I had an highly enjoyable shave this a.m. Since I hadn't tested the Sailor with 2 days worth of growth on the lower end of it's setting scale, I scheduled this task for today. I loaded a fresh Eddison Stainless and off we went...
Boy, she delivered exceptionally well.

The first pass wtg was completed on setting 1, for the xtg/atg passes I dialed down the dial ring to the "zero" dot, which is the utmost lowest setting. Smoothness galore and an oil on glass finish on perhaps 98% of my skin was the outcome (I unintendedly missed some stubble under the jaw line). No nicks, no skin irritation. So nice!

Have a great start into the new week, y'all!

Last edited:
NOCvember, Day 28

View attachment 1563478

I had an highly enjoyable shave this a.m. Since I hadn't tested the Sailor with 2 days worth of growth on the lower end of it's setting scale, I scheduled this task for today. I loaded a fresh Eddison Stainless and off we went...
Noy, she delivered exceptionally well.

The first pass wtg was completed on setting 1, for the xtg/atg passes I dialed down the dial ring to the "zero" dot, which is the utmost lowest setting. Smoothness galore and a oil on glass finish on perhaps 98% of my skin was the outcome (I unintendedly missed some stubble under the jaw line). No nicks, no skin irritation. So nice!

Have a great start into the new week, y'all!
Seems only fitting to have used this soap with this shave, then.

Enjoy your day my man!

Guido

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
NOCvember

Last night’s luxury shave
Schick Injector E3
Schick (2)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream

Much better! No weepers. There was a bit of razor burn on my upper lip, but not my whole face and neck like the previous few “good” shaves prior to using the Ikon X3.

The razor’s design and my unfamiliarity with it necessitated short strokes, but they sang. Very maneuable/nimble. The edge needed contact at just the right position, so maybe it could be sharper, but it was fun the whole time.

Day 28
GRUBF...Still In
GRUME...Still Out
NOCvember
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

PXL_20221128_162126362.jpg

Muhle Rocca Birch Bark
Gillette Platinum (28)
Muhle XL STF brush
MdC Rose soap

Hey Guys
First the good news. I had an excellent shave today. With good prep, lather and technique I achieved a DFS without any difficulty. I am getting close to my record for using the same blade- It is 29 or 30 so I will have to go to at least 31.
The Avon bowl was found at a thrift store a couple months ago. It worked fine but is a little small so it is returning to the kitchen.

Now to the bad news. I usually take a photo before I shave and send it to my desktop computer for editing. I forgot to bring the items in the house. Our charming cat Chloe had knocked everything off the rail. Thankfully nothing was broken but the brush was missing. I saw our dog Maggie in the yard chewing something and yes, it was the brush. Half the handle is gone and large tufts of the brush fibers are gone. I cleaned what remained and did manage to lather but sad to say, the brush is no longer usable. It's OK, but that was a mighty fine brush. I haven't asked Kathy to replace it (I'm still GRUMEing) but I think she is up to something good.

Take care of yourself and each other.

BD5BCD00-6FCC-4B09-B403-E2254C96D04B.jpeg

NOCvember

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (D1)

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man balm

Today marks the the beginning of a love affair a long time coming.

I've wanted a Dart from the very first moment I laid eyes on one. To me it's absolutely beautiful and true piece of art. Never would I have guessed that it would be re-released. Now that I have one I couldn't be more happy and with that said, this is my maiden shave.

For today's shave I chose Stirling Soap Company's Ramblin' Man. This is a true favorite of mine. It's a blend of citrus top notes, sandalwood middle notes, and a dense base of musk, cedar, and ambergris. It's masculine and smooth! I highly recommend this one.

I paired the Dart with a brand new Astra blade and got to work. Initially I got a really smooth feel from this razor/blade combo. I was expecting the Dart to feel very aggressive with a lot of blade feel but that's not what I felt. The razor is very efficient but there is a level of deception to it. See even though it felt very smooth to me, you do have to be cautious with this razor as it can bite. If you don't play the angle right you can nick yourself.

I didn't get a ton of blade feel but that's not a bad thing at all. It's hard to describe how smooth yet efficient this razor is. All I can say is that I really do like it a lot. It's not a beginners razor though. Some experience with various razors and wet shaving in general, are recommended.

I did a three-pass shave face lathering with my trusty Omega boar brush. Being fully broken in, it was a pleasure to use. Nice and soft, and without issue.

When finished I applied the matching Ramblin' Man aftershave balm and have been basking in its awesome scent since.

So there you have it. My dream of owning a Blackland Dart has come true and I've logged my first shave with it. I feel stoked to say the least and can't wait to perfect shaving with this unique tool.

Shave on gentlemen!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
NOCvember 2022
20221128_133138~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (4)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam G2bu EdT Spray

Superb 💯 shave! :cool:

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12028054

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
NOCvember

Last night’s luxury shave
Schick Injector E3
Schick (3)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream

Started with the upper lip and got a perfect shave under my snout and then got the slightest razor burn everywhere else, but very barely so. Without the self-deception of the mentholated grain alcohol, this was still better than with my Overlander. Better still can be done, but it’ll be the next shave before finding out if it will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom