Pre: hot shower then a warm water splash

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Haircut & Shave Ti Efficient
Blade: Leon (carbon steel)

Soap: Barrister And Mann Lavanille
Brush: Yaqi Black and White Marble
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

As Animal Week continues I pulled out another never before used Leon (carbon steel) blade. I was expecting this blade to be a bad add the Tiger blade was, but it was not. I'll get to that soon.

I took the time to strop the Bengall so that it was ready for today and again it performed extremely well. A "shave ready" straight cuts so well.

I did my first with-the-grain pass with the Bengall and it sung. I then switched to the H&S Ti Efficient with the Leon blade and things were pretty good. The Leon is definitely no Nacet, Wizamet or Personna blade. It wasn't even as good as the Falcon blade but it in truth it was a capable blade in all but going against-the-grain. It struggled in this direction, feeling rough, like it wasn't cutting well. The with and across passes were just fine and this blade was clearly better than the Tiger. The Leon wouldn't be my first choice but I would not feel bad if it were the only blade I had on hand to use.

The Barrister and Mann Lavanille in Omnibus base was beautiful. The lather I whipped up with the Yaqi synthetic was thick and dense, and very slick. The scent was a real pleasure as well. The lavender and vanilla are blended in an elegant design. I most definitely want to pick up the aftershave splash to complete the set.

I concluded this bbs shave with my favorite Pinaud Clubman aftershave, Classic Vanilla. The smooth dry-down is just heaven to me.

Alright gentlemen, that's it for today. Take care and enjoy your shaves!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I am super curious though which you find a better shave. I mean they are of course totally different and from different eras so precision is very different too - but how is the shave between them?

Thanks,

Guido
They shave closer than you might think. As you know, the FBT is an incredibly smooth and efficient razor when paired with the right blade, and the WR2 is based on the tech design. For me the difference is slight, but the WR2 steps up everything the FBT does right, with the ability to use a wider selection of blades.

~doug~

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
NOCvember

Tonight’s luxury shave
Ikon X3 on Gentleman John’s handle
Loi Titanium (3)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: face-lathering twice with Col Conk Unscented
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream

Trying to recreate Nicholas Sparks’ “Sisterhood of the Traveling Loi Titanium DE Blade” in real life, I loaded this baddy up in my Ikon X3 and proceeded to give myself a rough, uncomfortable shave with generous amounts of weepers.

Unlike magical dungarees that adapt to the figures of several protagonists and imbue them with the confidence to succeed in their trials and journeys, this wicked cool blade, only likes being used in my RazoRock JAWS 0.84 and only steeply so far. Maybe it will like the RazoRock slants. A preliminary dry shave of the chin with a Yaqi Top Aggressive Slant and a fresh Loi has given me pause to trying it in that razor.

Up next time: Can I use my Schick E3 Injector like a grown-up? The results will surprise me!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
NOCvember 2022
20221126_211052~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie Mixed Metal SE1 (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (6)
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion Green 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Tub Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Classic Match Homme EdT Spray
20221126_211127~2.jpg

Superb razor! :cool:

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12026101

Slant bar this time. Some seem to be hesitant to try a slant. I must say some slants look fearsome and some actually are. But I get the impression the crooked look slants have plays a part here. No need. Get a Parker Semi Slant. This razor gives you all the advantages of a slanted shave while eying and shaving gentle. This slant is quite user friendly and can be a great first slant. No worries about its aggression, it's not aggressive. At all. And it will deliver a top shave, guaranteed.
The Treet 7 Days Platinum flies under the radar, but deserves more praise. Smooth. forgiving, sharp enough and a great bang for your buck.
This is a great combination. My skin got ripped by another blade, but I did not have to wait for days to get to shave again, thanks to this razor and blade. The scabs on my scalp were barely touched and I still got an easy BBS. To me that is almost miraculous.

59396ED0-A105-41B5-9653-05639406A479.jpeg

Date
365 days of shaving334/330
(100%)
GRUME27/30 (100%)
NOCvember
27/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2)
(NW-SE | cheeks & S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette EFBT with Blue Lasta handleBolzano (7)DVH Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Face wash with residual lather
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean as a whistle)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Inspired by Doug's (@Rosseforp) post on the Flat Bottom Tech - Wolfman comparison I got my Tech out for an excellent Sunday shave. With three passes to an almost marble finish my Flat Bottom Tech reigned supreme and let me know that even though there is a new king in town, this golden oldie still has a lot to offer. I have to admit that the Timeless did an outstanding job yesterday and so we started the day with less stubble than usual.

The Bolzano was on its 7th run which exceeds the first Bolzano blade and it was super smooth in the Tech. No troubles at all and the Gillette Slides were simply bliss to perform. So far great performance of this Discovery Blade at the gracious courtesy of @Space_Cadet and @Grundi.

Proraso provided a nice mentholated chill with each pass. Floïd's stang a little telling me this was a close shave and Nivea put the skin back at ease.

Have a nice day everyone.

Razor: Schick G5 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Candy Cane in HD Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20221126_085614.jpg

GRUME...Still Out, day 27
GRUBFing...Still In
Synthetic Sundays
NOCvember

PXL_20221127_145506198.MP.jpg

Pre: Shower and cold splashes; PAA 2.0 cube
Rockwell 6S, plate 4 (with shorter EJ89 handle)
Gillette Platinum (26)
Omega Evo 2.0
Mike's Natural Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Post: Cold splashes, Lucky Tiger Face Tonic and moisturizers

Hey Guys,
I decided to use one of LJ's, (@LJBraaten) favorite brands of soap today. The PAA glycerine bar combined with a nice lather and no pressure strokes worked toward an enjoyable DFS. The blade is holding up good and I enjoyed the shorter handle on the razor. It felt like I had greater and more precise control.
Onward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom