What's new

NOCvember 2022 - Let’s put our safety bars on for Non Open Comb November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following High Efficiency Summer and OCtober (which is still in full effect at the moment) I was wondering if we should ease up a little bit and put our safety bars back on for a while and pay attention to those lovely razors sitting idle in our dens while we are having a ball with OCtober.

Obviously this is about having fun as always so you don’t have to use a SB razor if you don’t want to, but if you do post your pictures here.

Let’s see those Techs, R89s, EJs, and of course also Rocca’s, Athena’s and Timeless-es - because who said that SB razors cannot be very efficient as well?! Single edges and slants are more than welcome too as are GEMs and injectors and the like.

So what do you gents think? Shall we post our closed comb and safety bar shaves in this thread for November?

Just say “I’m in” and we are good to go for November!

Cheers,

Guido

Ps: I’m in

One week left to go - I did a dry run today to get back into safety bar action!

1CC28418-A942-410D-AC0C-1F82DC124E0E.jpeg

Date
365 days of shaving300/299
(100%)
GRUMEOut
OCtober22/31 (71%)
Tabactober14/31 (45%)

Passes3
WTGGillette Slant / CB Slide
(NE-SW)
XTGGillette Slant
(W-E | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
8/10 (~20 minutes)
9/10 (BBS-)
7/10 (Couple of weepers and a nick)
8/10 (Lower side of smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Razorine Flatboy on Lasta Red handle
Gillette Platinum (3)Razorock Plissoft 400
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
TGS Shibusa 2
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Face wash with residual lather

Notes to today’s shave: here

On the Lasta Red handle the Flatboy is very nimble and manoeuvrable unlike using the stock stainless steel handle (am I becoming a Light Handle Fanboy?!) and even better: it looks amazing too!

Blade performance was sub par today. Still smooth but not as effective anymore.

Enjoy your shaves everyone and see you all next week!!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'll be around, though I do have the R41 and the British NEW Raised Bottom in my queue... I don't know when they'll make an appearance. I sort of wanted to try all my new razors by the end of the year... but unless I start shaving every day, that doesn't look likely. I'm running out of "year". <eg> evil grin.

Hi,

I'm not in.

I do have a few SB razors in the drawer. Three, IIRC. A pre-war Tech, a SuperSpeed and a post-war Tech. Otherwise, the rest are OCs. I use a Fasan DoubleSlant nearly every day (have two of those) and my Grandfather's Old Type once in a while. I use the SuperSpeed on Christmas day as that's when Mom gave it to Dad in 1948. And the post-war Tech on Dad's birthday, May 6th.

There is also a Lady Gillette here but that's my wife's and so not for my use.

Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom