What's new

Nobody told me...

I don't watch shaving videos. I have read a ton here, and maybe watched a few videos linked from here, but not many.

Since I started DE shaving about 6 months ago, I have struggled mightily at getting those whiskers directly below my nose/nostrils. When I used carts, I would just shave my upper lip north to south, the flip the cart over and use the single edge on the back to clean up under my nose, again just going N-S.

With DE razors that is very ineffective, if not impossible, for me.

Last week I made a discovery: If I use the corner of the razor almost IN my nostril and go XTG (east-west) I get em all. Hallelujah!...a true revelation...and it only took me 6 months to figure it out.

I'm blaming you guys for not telling me. 😄😄😄

Of course you are welcome to counter that I just wasn't paying attention.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Oops, wrong thread. :001_smile

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
I don't watch shaving videos. I have read a ton here, and maybe watched a few videos linked from here, but not many.

Since I started DE shaving about 6 months ago, I have struggled mightily at getting those whiskers directly below my nose/nostrils. When I used carts, I would just shave my upper lip north to south, the flip the cart over and use the single edge on the back to clean up under my nose, again just going N-S.

With DE razors that is very ineffective, if not impossible, for me.

Last week I made a discovery: If I use the corner of the razor almost IN my nostril and go XTG (east-west) I get em all. Hallelujah!...a true revelation...and it only took me 6 months to figure it out.

I'm blaming you guys for not telling me. 😄😄😄

Of course you are welcome to counter that I just wasn't paying attention.

That's the technique I've used for years although some razors (thinner head, with blade closer to the corner) make it easier. The Razorock Lupo and the Rex Envoy are two of the best that I have in that regard. I've used my wife's Leaf Twig a few times and it is fantastic for under the nose.

See the difference between the Lupo and the Game Changer corners -

20220907_154603.jpg

That's the technique I've used for years although some razors (thinner head, with blade closer to the corner) make it easier. The Razorock Lupo and the Rex Envoy are two of the best that I have in that regard. I've used my wife's Leaf Twig a few times and it is fantastic for under the nose.

See the difference between the Lupo and the Game Changer corners -

View attachment 1518817

That is true, and I mostly use my ASD2, a vintage Tech, or a RR Game Changer. Love the thin head on the GC.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
There's a somewhat recent pic of me in the "photo of the day" thread I posted a while back. I think my nose fits my face.

I remember cutting my nose with a Gillette Sensor Excel many years ago. I hope I never do that again with any razor.

My schnoz is average, I think? Certainly not Jimmy Durante. I've tried "pig nose" but going XTG seems to work better.
I pretty much go xtg too where my nose meets my upper lip. I have also learned to just use a thin 2 blade cartridge (I like blue BIC) for finishing work (like this area an the corners of my mouth). It's a fine way to finish off a great shave and since I barely use that cart at all, a 6 pack lasts me YEARS (no exaggeration).

I pretty much go xtg too where my nose meets my upper lip. I have also learned to just use a thin 2 blade cartridge (I like blue BIC) for finishing work (like this area an the corners of my mouth). It's a fine way to finish off a great shave and since I barely use that cart at all, a 6 pack lasts me YEARS (no exaggeration).

I know, I have been using a RR Hawk with a Feather AC blade to clean up, but it frustrated me that it required a special tool (for me) to get the job done. When used for touchup a single blades lasts me for months.

But now, I can die happy.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You are a wise man. I really do need to start a thread.

There is nothing wrong with using two razors to do a great job on a shave.

Top Bottom