What's new

Nobody told me...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I hear one of the hidden benefits of Arko is that it naturally singes tames nostril hairs...
I can attest that I must have nostril hairs thicker than Homer Simpson's five o'clock shadow, because since I've been using Arko Shaving Sticks my nose hairs are long enough to fill in the empty spots in my beard/moustache. I'm thinking of joining the circus. Oh wait. Clowns. I still hate clowns. No deal. I better go shave.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Mistreating one’s skin by not using ARKO! is understandable as it does dry out skin on some people more than others.

Mistreating one’s nose by denying it the fragrance of ARKO! is another story and I’m one too sad to ever tell.
I'm grateful to @FarmerTan for putting up with me in his kingdom and for @Mike M who will forever peer at Arkoland through a knothole in the great wooden fence of Arkonia. :wink2:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm grateful to @FarmerTan for putting up with me in his kingdom and for @Mike M who will forever peer at Arkoland through a knothole in the great wooden fence of Arkonia. :wink2:
@Mike M is probably out thinking he's having a good time tonight, surrounded by beautiful women, admiring his stubbly chin, when he could be on Badger and Blade, comparing the subtle nuances of Limon undertones in Arko, sharing his insights with other Arkolytes on this fabulous Friday night!

Alas, you can lead a horse to water...

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
I don't watch shaving videos. I have read a ton here, and maybe watched a few videos linked from here, but not many.

Since I started DE shaving about 6 months ago, I have struggled mightily at getting those whiskers directly below my nose/nostrils. When I used carts, I would just shave my upper lip north to south, the flip the cart over and use the single edge on the back to clean up under my nose, again just going N-S.

With DE razors that is very ineffective, if not impossible, for me.

Last week I made a discovery: If I use the corner of the razor almost IN my nostril and go XTG (east-west) I get em all. Hallelujah!...a true revelation...and it only took me 6 months to figure it out.

I'm blaming you guys for not telling me. 😄😄😄

Of course you are welcome to counter that I just wasn't paying attention.

Yep, corner of the blade in nostril gets 'em every time.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I used several models of the fusion power. They’d change the cartridge every so often or change the design of the razor itself, like the pivot ball or something. In good Gillette fashion, the razor would cost the same as the two or three cartridges that came with it so the razor handle was “free”.

I used several models of the fusion power. They’d change the cartridge every so often or change the design of the razor itself, like the pivot ball or something. In good Gillette fashion, the razor would cost the same as the two or three cartridges that came with it so the razor handle was “free”.

Not sure, but I want to say that my handle came in the mail with one cart as a "free" enticement to purchase a lifetime's worth of expensive refills. I might be wrong, but I don't believe I actually bought one...though it is possible that I just don't want to admit it, and have conveniently forgotten.

I don't watch shaving videos. I have read a ton here, and maybe watched a few videos linked from here, but not many.

Since I started DE shaving about 6 months ago, I have struggled mightily at getting those whiskers directly below my nose/nostrils. When I used carts, I would just shave my upper lip north to south, the flip the cart over and use the single edge on the back to clean up under my nose, again just going N-S.

With DE razors that is very ineffective, if not impossible, for me.

Last week I made a discovery: If I use the corner of the razor almost IN my nostril and go XTG (east-west) I get em all. Hallelujah!...a true revelation...and it only took me 6 months to figure it out.

I'm blaming you guys for not telling me. 😄😄😄

Of course you are welcome to counter that I just wasn't paying attention.
If you're using a vintage razor (like that in your Avitar), you should have no problems. It's those big clunky chrome plated jobbies and even the stainless heads made to emulate the heavy & awkward zamak razors that will cause the most difficulty.

If you're using a vintage razor (like that in your Avitar), you should have no problems. It's those big clunky chrome plated jobbies and even the stainless heads made to emulate the heavy & awkward zamak razors that will cause the most difficulty.

True that some are more clumsy than others, but most often I use a vintage Gillette Tech, a Feather ASD2, or a RR Game Changer 68P, all of which feel pretty easy to maneuver.

Still, I've found that going XTG seems to work best for me, regardless of which tool I use.

Top Bottom