What's new

Noble Otter

I've not tried this soap until recently and I have to say that I am really liking the first two products from this producer. I have tried "Rawr" and "Plunder." I like the scents of both of these soaps and the performance has ben outstanding.

Are there other scents that members have tried that they recommend?

Thanks

Off the BST picked up Neon Sun and Barrbarr and have been enjoying both. The performance of the soap has been excellent and the scents are nice- perhaps more subtle than some other artisans. The matching aftershaves smell nice too.

I've not tried this soap until recently and I have to say that I am really liking the first two products from this producer. I have tried "Rawr" and "Plunder." I like the scents of both of these soaps and the performance has ben outstanding.

Are there other scents that members have tried that they recommend?

Thanks
Give Monarch a go too if you have a chance!

Orbit is my favorite scents in all of wetshaving. My wife loves it as well. Lonestar is not far behind.

As far as performance of the soaps, I’d put Noble Otter up there with Declaration Grooming and Barrister and Mann.

Well, I'm fond of these :biggrin1: :

20220109_151343[6679].jpg

Just picked up a tub of Lonestar at my local Central Market today and all I can say is WOW! Great scent, great lather. Thick, slick and cushioning. What a lather is supposed to be.

Big NO fan here. Top tier soap base and aftershave formula.

Scents range from great to meh.

My absolute faves:
Hamami
Black tea vanilla
Rawr
Lone star

Other decent ones for me:
Monarch
Barr barr
Two kings

Considering these soaps -

Any lather photos?

All of the Noble Otter soaps I have are more than two years old, so I do not know if any improvements have been made over the past couple of years. At the time I purchased them, I thought they were great soaps, but I have purchased many soaps over the past two years that I much prefer using.

Please do not judge a soap by lather photos. Lathers that look great in photos often do not perform so well on the face. Most of the better soaps these days produce low-structure lathers that do not look lend themselves to Instagram worthy photos, but give a great shave and leave your face feeling great for many hours after the shave. It is the later that counts.

My favorite Noble Otter scent is Noir et Vanille. It is a delicious scent.

Top Bottom