What's new

Noble Otter Two Kings - a review

In all seriousness, you can't go wrong with Noble Otter for the very modest cost. I think it gives even Stirling a run for it's money in the budget category. Now buying SV, that's another story...

For myself, my one man jury is still out for the Two Kings.
I tried it because of this thread.
I think maybe I don't like bentonite clay.

However, also because of this thread,
I tried a couple of Stirling shave soaps and I like them a lot.

Also, out of curiosity, is there any tallow-free US soap with truly outstanding performance?
Southern Witchcrafts' soaps are all tallow-free, and some of the best vegan soaps I've used. Definitely off-the-beaten-path fragrances though (I like them), and the whole "haunted mansion" thing going on (with actually very inventive and unique labeling), but lovely products and great company....

Kudos
Southern Witchcrafts' soaps are all tallow-free, and some of the best vegan soaps I've used. Definitely off-the-beaten-path fragrances though (I like them), and the whole "haunted mansion" thing going on (with actually very inventive and unique labeling), but lovely products and great company....
Kudos to this post. I find SW soaps even better than the CK-6 formula. Another great vegan soap base from the US is The Sudsy Soapery.

Agreed. Great soaps and a cool vibe with the weird labelling.

Pomona is a great fall/winter soap as is Autumn Ash. Hard to believe they are Tallow free/vegan.

I've had some practice! :biggrin1:

20211027_154831.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Wonderful review. I just picked up NO Plunder. Hope to get to it sometime in the near future.

Has anyone gotten irritation for Two Kings? I used a sample a while back and it felt like it irritated my neck, but there was no reaction anywhere else. I might have hallucinated it.

Has anyone gotten irritation for Two Kings?
Nope, that sounds like classic accidental pressure on the neck. Maybe test lather a tiny bit again and apply to the inside of your arm and leave it to see if you develop and itch. I will go check the ingredients...

Nope, that sounds like classic accidental pressure on the neck. Maybe test lather a tiny bit again and apply to the inside of your arm and leave it to see if you develop and itch. I will go check the ingredients...
I did this on the inside of my hand and got no reaction, but I'm gonna rub it in to my neck and check once more. Been painfully avoiding a purchase for a few years, even tho it was possibly my favourite scent ever.

Bought the soap after seeing this thread, and it's been a great few shaves! I exclusively face lather, so I guess my big boar brush has already eaten a chunk out of the soap by now, but I get really creamy, silky lather from it. The oud takes a while to kick in, but lasts very long on the skin along with the rose. My wife was still able to smell it on me at the end of the day.

It's a thirsty soap, but not too much and the scent of the soap just might make it my daily driver. I've got the B&M Lavanille incoming, so let's see if I still have the same opinion next week. NO have some of the nicest artwork on their labels and it's definitely a small factor for me when it came to choosing a soap. It's a pretty thing to keep around the bathroom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom