What's new

Noble Otter Lonestar

I lived in the Texas Hill Country for a few years, and loved the smell of bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush in the Spring - very light, green, powdery floral. The hills were carpeted - it was like walking through a rainbow. This isn't it. Not in a bad way - Lonestar is just not the Hill Country. It's more the rock, scrub cedar and sage of the Panhandle - actually more of a petrichor-ish fragrance, with yes, cultivated magnolia thrown in per the label. And very light - very light leather, very light hay (part of the petrichor), very light sage. It disappears on me in an hour or so, leaving just a faint, lingering hint. Just enough to smell Texas from a few thousand miles away. Love it. Performance is superb, fragrance is a perfect fit for Spring, and very office or crowd-friendly it's so fleeting. If you're a fan of the Beethoven thunder of Lilac Vegetal, that blasts everything around it, over it and under it with a green haze of...fragrance..., pass on by. But if you like Debussy-subtle, memory-evoking scents that don't overpower but enhance, look here. You won't be disappointed.

20210405_140814.jpg

I love the fragrance. My main minuses about Lonestar was that I found the splash as fleeting as LT and I found it to be sticky. You make a good point. Being around other human beings again for work could make the light and quickly disappearing fragrance a plus.

Top Bottom