What's new

Nobel Otter Aftershave - Post Shave Feel

I recently started using NO Lonestar (new batch) and BarrBarr soaps and splashes. What I like the most about NO are the fragrances. I noticed that with both Lonestar and BarrBarr, whether I use a little or a lot of the splash, I am left with a sticky post shave feel from the splash that doesn't go away.

I apply the splash with damp hands to a damp face.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Funny, I used Rawr tonight & noticed the same thing. It was my first use of any Noble Otter aftershave splashes. I also thought it started to thicken up a little as it was applied to the face.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I have a bottle of Barrbarr in my bedroom. It is delightful. You are right about the sticky feeling.

Funny, I used Rawr tonight & noticed the same thing. It was my first use of any Noble Otter aftershave splashes. I also thought it started to thicken up a little as it was applied to the face.

I wonder what makes it do that? Unfortunately for me, sticky / tacky is one of the last things I want in post shave feel.

I have a bottle of Barrbarr in my bedroom. It is delightful. You are right about the sticky feeling.

I love the scent. I'm having a hard time getting past the sticky though. Of all the things in a post shave feel I would not want, sticky is up there for me along with dry and greasy.

I wonder what makes it do that? Unfortunately for me, sticky / tacky is one of the last things I want in post shave feel.
I'm not familiar Nobel Otter products in particular so I have to ask, do they contain aloe vera? I ask because that ingredient, depending on how much and how it's incorporated, often leaves my skin feeling slightly tacky.

Lefonque

I use my Noble Otter splash this week. The stickiness lasted about 10 mins for me.

I use my Noble Otter splash this week. The stickiness lasted about 10 mins for me.

10 minutes I could live with. I wonder if it's a difference between the older batches and the newer batches? Equally disappointing to me is that I sent two emails to NO over the past two and a half weeks asking about it and have not received any response.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar Nobel Otter products in particular so I have to ask, do they contain aloe vera? I ask because that ingredient, depending on how much and how it's incorporated, often leaves my skin feeling slightly tacky.

I see aloe leaf juice in the ingredient list.

Lefonque

I thought I would test it out after reading the thread. The stickiness wasn’t to bad. I don’t know about much batches. I like Barrbarr it has what I consider a pleasant smell. I will continue using it. :pipe:

Orbit is a little sticky too when first applied. for me it goes away in 20-30 minutes. Great scent though. One of my wife's favourites.

Agreed, perhaps a wee bit sticky compared to some; not bad. Does the job for face feel more than 'feeling the face' if that makes any sense :) Wife homed right in on Monarch today with interest and compliments.

Orbit is a little sticky too when first applied. for me it goes away in 20-30 minutes. Great scent though. One of my wife's favourites.

Agreed, perhaps a wee bit sticky compared to some; not bad. Does the job for face feel more than 'feeling the face' if that makes any sense :) Wife homed right in on Monarch today with interest and compliments.

I agree - some of the best fragrances that I have come across.

Top Bottom