What's new

No, we did not use a mirror in this picture

Production of our new line of lather bowls, the Seaworthy Collection is under way. Click here for pics of finished bowls, different colors, and design criteria. We do have a very few of these in the store presently that are available.

0660A666-E13D-45F2-979E-B86DBEE09B6A.jpeg

We design our own bowls and an artisan that we hire brings them to life. Our first lather bowl design, now referred to as our Classic Collection took six months with eight prototypes and a dozen volunteers. Many bowls were tossed or were relegated to being cereal bowls! But after tossing enough of them we got the design down to what we have had now for eight years.

Same with our copper bowls a few years later. Even though we already had the winning design it still took six months to get right. Shiny or vintage look? Hammered finish or smooth? The whole copper bowl coated in spar varnish or just the exterior? These are just a few of the variables, believe me. Different material too and sorting out the two copper offerings we have - Standard and Heavyweight. Then refining the finished edge to either rolled or flared and testing and testing. Prototypes tossed or given away. It sounds bewildering but I find it stimulating. The First Mate has become practiced at sighing...

This now, is only our second style of ceramic bowl in eight years so we are excited to offer our customers a choice. In testing, it delivers in every fashion that our Classic Collection does and yet with a different look to it that is all its own. And the colors just come alive - several new colors now with the Seaworthy Collection:

IMG_4317.jpg

Last edited:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'm confused. Should we touch the bowls? LOL

Look nice. The one at 12 o'clock in the photo looks really nice to me color wise, kind of a midnight green/blue - or maybe it's my monitor.

Look nice. The one at 12 o'clock in the photo looks really nice to me color wise, kind of a midnight green/blue - or maybe it's my monitor.

Thanks, that is our lather bowl in Gunmetal - that frosted accent is particularly hard to pull off and customers rave about it for good reason. That one and Cobalt have been our two most popular colors with the Classic Collection the past. From the listing in our store:

Gunmetal - This one is in style no matter the surroundings and carries with it a hint of formality. The base coat of deep graphite showcases a frosted accent, making for a striking one-of-a-kind presentation.

IMG_4305.jpg

Top Bottom