What's new

NO Two Kings help please

UPDATE: The company has sent out a new soap and is letting me keep the current one! I doubt I'll go 0 from 2 so I look forward to being able to give my thoughts on the soap properly! Gotta love good customer service, there's a reason I'm a return buyer.

UPDATE: The company has sent out a new soap and is letting me keep the current one! I doubt I'll go 0 from 2 so I look forward to being able to give my thoughts on the soap properly! Gotta love good customer service, there's a reason I'm a return buyer.

Since they are letting you keep the "scentless soap", you might want to add your own scent. You can use a few drops of essential oils or you can add a spoonful of cologne or EdP. Close the tub tightly and allow it to sit for a few weeks for the scent to permeate the tub.

I get a lot of black currant in mine it’s…mid strength won’t flare your nostrils but you should 100% smell it…well at least you got a replacement and yup as above said put some of your own scent into it

My Two Kings seems to be strongly scented to me.
It's pinkish on top and yellowish underneath.
I notice that when
I scoop out a little bit to lather in a separate cup.

I think of the scent as pairing well with Clubman.

I've never heard of a soap completely losing its scent though, weakened sure but never 100% lost. I don't think it was ever fragranced imo. Must've forgotten or something. I've got a tub of excelsior seville which has a very prominent scent despite being 3 bases old and in the old B&M tub. I think this is just that 1 in a million mistake. The package itself was completely sealed and in another smaller plastic wrap.
Agreed, I have stuff that's years old that has some scent left. In fact, it was years old when it was given to me years ago

Yeah, this. When I had coronavirus, I would sniff my shave soap every morning to see if I had lost my sense of smell. Thankfully, I only lost my sense of smell for a day.
My grandparents got COVID and both lost their senses of smell for a while. Grandma's still hasn't completely returned.

Two Kings is my favorite rose forward scent.

Got the new tub today, yep the first one was definitely unscented or somehow lost all of its scent. The new tub has a weak to mild scent that is quite powdery I would say. Like a darker, earthier take on talcum powder. I only really get a sliver of rose with the oud and oakmoss. The other notes don't really pop out to me. Its clearly a blended scent thats not a huge hit for me but I like it never the less. Performance is still quite good, haven't used it enough to come to a consensus yet though. I expect that the scent will open up a bit with some use as I've heard thats quite common with these softer, artisan soaps. It takes a minute to get everything out of it.

It’s possible sometimes a batch doesn’t turn out exactly how it should mistakes happen or even due to transport heat and travel it can effect the scents or even quality of the soap (effecting the quality is a more rare side effect) I myself have had 2 soaps that were scentless just about and when I got a replacement the scent was strong so it’s not unheard of …luckily stores usually jump on that stuff pretty fast they don’t want to lose a customer…getting money nowadays is tough for everybody and I’d rather come back and purchase from somebody with good customer service than bad you know

It’s possible sometimes a batch doesn’t turn out exactly how it should mistakes happen or even due to transport heat and travel it can effect the scents or even quality of the soap (effecting the quality is a more rare side effect) I myself have had 2 soaps that were scentless just about and when I got a replacement the scent was strong so it’s not unheard of …luckily stores usually jump on that stuff pretty fast they don’t want to lose a customer…getting money nowadays is tough for everybody and I’d rather come back and purchase from somebody with good customer service than bad you know
yeah im not sure if its a batch issue or what but the new one is scented (though quite weakly). Its easily the weakest scented product i've used along with DRH marlborough. Like the first was unscented, the second is weakly. Its ok I suppose. you can't win on every product.

i like d r Harris I got the Marlborough that was because of cam…sitting in a shave bowl waiting patiently to be used….😂

Top Bottom