What's new

NO Two Kings help please

Hey everyone,

I’ve been using two kings for a week now after reading some quite high praise for it but I have an issue. It seems to be scentless? The only thing i get is a extremely weak clay scent which I’m assuming is just the soap base. I do not get any rose or our or anything at all? Is it supposed to be weakly scented or have I received a dud?

I consider Two Kings to be a beautiful scent. It is not super strong. Have someone else smell the soap, to see if they have the same "scentless" comment you do.

My soap has been in my den for a few years, but it still retains much of its original scent. Over time, scents do tend to fade in strength.

It isn’t super strong but I get a lot of Rose, oud and sandalwood. I don’t get a lot of blackcurrant as many others do. But almost scentless? That’s weird. The soap might not be super strong but it is strong enough (average scent strength IME).

Not a strong fragrance, but definitely there, and forward notes of rose. None of NO's soaps are in the range of PAA, Stirling, or B&M's fragrances for strength or longevity if you were expecting that, but that's a plus for close contact wear like the office. You could have a mislabeled batch, and I'm sure they would be glad to replace.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
What they said. Not strong, strong enough that both my wife and I frequently sniff it throughout the day. If your sniffer isn’t impaired, maybe you got a dud. And someone else to sniff it for you. It’s wonderful.

NO scents are not strong, but they are there. I don't get much of it either, but that way it doesn't influence my aftershave choice. I do love the lather!

I have some soaps that after the initial application my nose is already immunized to it’s scent and cannot smell it for the rest of the shave. Some kind of sensory overload, not the strength, but the nature of the scent.

Yeah no, there is absolutely no fragrance in it. Huge bummer. Going to ask for a replacement or a refund. 4 people so far cannot smell a thing. I can smell the mild scent of cella bio, I can smell the scent of lucky tiger and proraso green as, I can smell the shave oil I use as a preshave...I can smell everything, EXCEPT for two kings. Unlucky I suppose, they must've forgotten to mix the fragrance oils into the soap or something.

Thanks everyone for the help!! Hopefully it gets resolved, because it sounds like a beautiful scent and frankly the soap base itself is also fantastic.

This has me wondering how many other tubs are sitting on retailers' shelves with this same issue. Hard to believe this could be a one-off situation, but I guess it's possible.

This has me wondering how many other tubs are sitting on retailers' shelves with this same issue. Hard to believe this could be a one-off situation, but I guess it's possible.

I wonder if this tub was sitting on a vendor's shelves for so long that the scent faded. If someone sniffed it and did not seal the lid tightly, over time the scent will diminish. I believe the soap came out in early 2019, so the soap might be nearly three years old if it was produced in an early batch. If it shipped directly from Nobel Otter, it should not be anywhere near that old.

I love comparing the scents of various soaps, but I am always careful to tighten the lid afterwards so I do not lose any of the goodness. In contrast, I have had a couple of soaps like Tabac where I had to leave the top off for several weeks so I could tolerate the scent.

That's a bummer, man. Noble O has some of the best scents in the game. And the lather should still perform very, very well.

my arko stick was like 4 years old and was fine. I dont think scent wore off or diminished. This must be haley's comet where they forgot to scent it! There is not even a hint of fragrance, I genuinely get the same smell from this as I get from my hair clay.

I wonder if this tub was sitting on a vendor's shelves for so long that the scent faded. If someone sniffed it and did not seal the lid tightly, over time the scent will diminish. I believe the soap came out in early 2019, so the soap might be nearly three years old if it was produced in an early batch. If it shipped directly from Nobel Otter, it should not be anywhere near that old.

I love comparing the scents of various soaps, but I am always careful to tighten the lid afterwards so I do not lose any of the goodness. In contrast, I have had a couple of soaps like Tabac where I had to leave the top off for several weeks so I could tolerate the scent.
I've never heard of a soap completely losing its scent though, weakened sure but never 100% lost. I don't think it was ever fragranced imo. Must've forgotten or something. I've got a tub of excelsior seville which has a very prominent scent despite being 3 bases old and in the old B&M tub. I think this is just that 1 in a million mistake. The package itself was completely sealed and in another smaller plastic wrap.

That's a bummer, man. Noble O has some of the best scents in the game. And the lather should still perform very, very well.
oh it lathers a treat and is slick and cushioning and with excellent po-shave. Hopefully I get a refund or replacement and just end up with a properly scented tub.

Soaps can definitely lose fragrance. I received one of Stirling's bath bar samples this summer that you could smell from across the room, in the shrinkwrap, but when I finally got around to using it, it was completely scentless. I suspect it wasn't wrapped well.

Top Bottom