What's new

No Timeless SE razor :(

The Vector is not smoother than the Timeless.68SB, however it is significantly more efficient while still being smooth.
That is still an accomplishment. I have not tried the razor as they are currently sold out but if it is even anywhere close to a Timeless .68sb in smoothness and more efficient, I would imagine its a winning design.

The Vector is nothing like the Blackbird. It is smoother and more efficient than your Timeless. The Timeless is great but if I could only have one razor it would be the Vector. You also have many blade choices with the Vector.
Wow…sounds amazing! I will try to stay alert for the next drop! Any idea when that will be?
Also, since you mentioned it, what’s your top 3 blades for the Vector?
Thanks!

Both the General and Vector are great razors. Either with a Kai Pink give a mild but very efficiebnt and smooth shave. They look and feel good, too. The Hawk V3 is also very effective, but not as refined and classy as the other two. With the standard plate it's not at all aggressive. I've not tried it with a Kai Pink, but think that combo would be very mild.

The Vector is the very best razor I've ever used! It is not as smooth as the Timeless 0.68 but it is in the same ball park in that regard. But it is significantly more efficient. It shaves better thant the 0.95 being as mild as the 0.68. It really is amazing.
The vector is out of stock and according to Shane will be for a few more weeks BUT the titanium version will drop soon in the next weeks.
I imagine that it will last lass than a hour as the last BB drop did. But since you like titanium you can get the first batch of Titanum Vectors, just keep an eye in the Blackland notifications email.
The steel is perfect, I imagine that the Titanium will be at least as good.

The Vector with the Schick Proline or the Kai mild is on a level of it's own. The Feathers are good, but the kai and the Schick are amazing.

I'm waiting on a General in the next few weeks (my country's mail system sucks), let's see what I will think of it then.

About the Sabre. I have the L1 plate and it is too mild for me. It is not as efficient as I like. It is very confortable, but require more work to get there and then I get a little irritation. I have a L2 plate coming. Then I will know if it is for me or not.

Both the General and Vector are great razors. Either with a Kai Pink give a mild but very efficiebnt and smooth shave. They look and feel good, too. The Hawk V3 is also very effective, but not as refined and classy as the other two. With the standard plate it's not at all aggressive. I've not tried it with a Kai Pink, but think that combo would be very mild.
Thanks! You guys are so helpful!
Question: Does anyone want to sell me one their Vector SB for $200? 😂

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Vector is an awesome razor. My #1 AC blade razor.

AC Blades?
Highest efficiency: Feather Pro Super.
Most effective: Schick Proline.
Smoothest: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG

The Sabre is also an awesome razor and is my #1 GEM blade razor. I prefer the L2 plate.

GEM blades?
I like the Personna GEM and Ted Pella GEM blades.

If I had to choose between the Vector and the Sabre? Probably go with the Vector.

Just my opinion.

While mine is currently on sabbatical while I revel in other options, the Vector with an unlimited supply of Protouch MG blades could conceivably be my desert island setup (maybe with a Feather DX hidden away since they can use the same blade).

I also have a Timeless Ti68 SB and it is as smooth and pleasant as can be, but as noted above, the Vector kicks up the efficiency and with a Protouch AC blade at no cost to comfort. I don't find the Vector beautiful, exactly, but it is an absolute marvel.

Edited to add: while I like the GEM's durability/longevity, I find them harsh for the first few shaves until I get to the good shaves that come after. Life's too short for that as a routine. I don't mind when using them for variety.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
For smooth and non-challenging: RR Stainless Hawk V3SB. First AC razor I tried that actually shaves like a well-set-up slant DE.

For smooth and still non-challenging (and so far unique): ATT X1 Slant. Milder than the SE1, super shaver. I just finished my review in the Tilted Picnic.

For smooth and a little challenging: Kasho Woody barber straight. I really want to spend more time with that, also to try a kamisori-style Feather Super Razor...

People complain about having too many choices in blades. Then they turn around and complain about not needing to choose a blade for a Gem razor. Actually, that's a feature, not a bug. There are a lot of vintage Gem/Ever Ready etc. razors and most of them are good shavers. There are some Gem-using moderns, the best two of which to my mind are the ATT G1 which is discontinued, and the Blackland Sabre. The Sabre L1 outshaves any of my vintage Gem razors, but my Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher can beat it by a very slim margin.

I'll admit I haven't tried the Vector in any of its iterations. Yet. While some may argue that I'm a stubborn old crank, pay no attention to the whiners. :) Took me a while but I finally bought a Fatip Open Comb Slant. Fact is, I've had so many really stellar shaves with so many razors that I haven't had time to try a Vector yet. I have my next six weeks of shaves solidly booked with razors for the Tilted Picnic, then I'll be back to barber straights for a while to reacquire my skills with those, then maybe in October sometime I'll think about picking up a new razor. Or there'll be a killer sale next week and I'll collect the set. [shrug].

O.H.

For smooth and non-challenging: RR Stainless Hawk V3SB. First AC razor I tried that actually shaves like a well-set-up slant DE.

For smooth and still non-challenging (and so far unique): ATT X1 Slant. Milder than the SE1, super shaver. I just finished my review in the Tilted Picnic.

For smooth and a little challenging: Kasho Woody barber straight. I really want to spend more time with that, also to try a kamisori-style Feather Super Razor...

People complain about having too many choices in blades. Then they turn around and complain about not needing to choose a blade for a Gem razor. Actually, that's a feature, not a bug. There are a lot of vintage Gem/Ever Ready etc. razors and most of them are good shavers. There are some Gem-using moderns, the best two of which to my mind are the ATT G1 which is discontinued, and the Blackland Sabre. The Sabre L1 outshaves any of my vintage Gem razors, but my Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher can beat it by a very slim margin.

I'll admit I haven't tried the Vector in any of its iterations. Yet. While some may argue that I'm a stubborn old crank, pay no attention to the whiners. :) Took me a while but I finally bought a Fatip Open Comb Slant. Fact is, I've had so many really stellar shaves with so many razors that I haven't had time to try a Vector yet. I have my next six weeks of shaves solidly booked with razors for the Tilted Picnic, then I'll be back to barber straights for a while to reacquire my skills with those, then maybe in October sometime I'll think about picking up a new razor. Or there'll be a killer sale next week and I'll collect the set. [shrug].

O.H.
You sound like an old hippie ☮😂

The Vector is the very best razor I've ever used! It is not as smooth as the Timeless 0.68 but it is in the same ball park in that regard. But it is significantly more efficient. It shaves better thant the 0.95 being as mild as the 0.68. It really is amazing.
The vector is out of stock and according to Shane will be for a few more weeks BUT the titanium version will drop soon in the next weeks.
I imagine that it will last lass than a hour as the last BB drop did. But since you like titanium you can get the first batch of Titanum Vectors, just keep an eye in the Blackland notifications email.
The steel is perfect, I imagine that the Titanium will be at least as good.

The Vector with the Schick Proline or the Kai mild is on a level of it's own. The Feathers are good, but the kai and the Schick are amazing.

I'm waiting on a General in the next few weeks (my country's mail system sucks), let's see what I will think of it then.

About the Sabre. I have the L1 plate and it is too mild for me. It is not as efficient as I like. It is very confortable, but require more work to get there and then I get a little irritation. I have a L2 plate coming. Then I will know if it is for me or not.
Thank you so much for this info! I was fortunate enough to snag a Blackbird Ti. Hopefully, lightning ⚡️ will strike twice!

Totally different... way milder and smoother. Even the level 2 would be a better choice than the Blackbird. Given your taste in razors I’d recommend the level 1. The thicker GEM blades make for a really smooth shave.
Thanks for the recommendation! I will (hopefully) try the Vector first. If it, along with the AC blades, proves too harsh for my sensitive skin, I may go for the Sabre! It also looks pretty cool! ;)
1626612172804.png

Hopefully, it’s not too heavy! 💪🏻
(I got spoiled with my Timeless Ti.)

Top Bottom