What's new

No thank you, Mr. Gillette. You can take your Fusion and put it up your....

I was in WallyWorld last night and just out of curiosity walked over to the shiny, orange Fusion, "revolutionary, 5 blade system."

A four pack of cartridges will set you back 15 dollars.

That's three dollars each.

I rubbed my smooth, Merkur bladed Futur shaved face (with Penahaligon's Quercus subtley emanating from me) in contemplation, shook my head and chuckled with a, "Tsk...tsk...tsk..."

Not only are my shaves without ingrown bumps and razor burns, feel and smell nicer but are much, much cheaper.

Nice try, Mr. Gillette, but we're slowly figuring it out; it wasn't broke until you fixed it.

-joedy

What makes me laugh is that in their commercials, Gillette is besmirching a product that they're still selling. "Unlike uncomfortable 3 blade systems, the new 5 blade system adds more balanced pressure from the blades to the skin..."

:blink:

Justso said:
What makes me laugh is that in their commercials, Gillette is besmirching a product that they're still selling. "Unlike uncomfortable 3 blade systems, the new 5 blade system adds more balanced pressure from the blades to the skin..."

Hey, hey! They have one commercial with a lovely WOOOMAHN in a white lab coat.. I almost thought of switching to a white lab from my persian-angora mix.:lol:

Justso said:

and remember, 5 blades helps to reduce pressure and irritation! so if 5 is good, then (insert number here) must be better! :117:

Marty

Hi,

...also away of marketing Duracell batteries ( a brand owned by the same company).

Kind regards,

Ashley.

ashm24 said:
Hi,

...also away of marketing Duracell batteries ( a brand owned by the same company).

Kind regards,

Ashley.

Nah.... That is probably a pure coincidence.... :wink2:

-joedy

I was at a store last night and they were charging $25.79 for an 8 pack of Fusion Power cartridges.

For that you can get a Merkur Classic and a ten pack of blades.

JMT said:
I was at a store last night and they were charging $25.79 for an 8 pack of Fusion Power cartridges.

For that you can get a Merkur Classic and a ten pack of blades.

This is the kind of corporate and share-holder greed that will forever keep me using a DE blade, even if I continue to get ingrown hair bumps and razor bumps.

At least the agony would be cheaper.

-joedy

ps. You forgot to mention that when the 10 pack of blades wears out, that a replacement pack will cost at MOST 5 or 6 dollars and at best, about 15 cents each from a bulk purchase.

i have used the 5 blade gillette and I think it is pretty nice. Aside from being too big and a bit hard to rinse (since of the rubber grooved on bottom) I think it is a good blade. I know it is a bit pricey but I am sure the price will come down. I might even pick up some at flea market. I used 1 blade with the power fusion for 1 week and I used it again today and it still cut better then a brand new 3 blade bic that I got free as sample. I NEVER got cut with the Fusion, got a very close shave etc. I am going to try to decide between the mach 3 and fusion and see if the 2 blades really do much for it.

As far as the DE, I tried using the gillette adjustable and so far I have not had much luck with it. I set it to setting 2. I get nice close shave in some areas, but it is very hard to do the chin and lower half of my face. Also it takes almost 2 times longer. I have to get up at 5am and be ready by 5 :30 to catch the bus, so using the mach3 or fusion 5 blade makes it much easier and faster for me. And less chance of cutting your self/ causing irritation etc. But then again to each is own. I will still try to use DE for the fun of it once in while on the weekend when I am not rushing, but the fusion, mach 3 and quatro have been pretty nice for me. Bic 3 blade and the xtreme (forget which exactly) irritated me and cut as well so I wont be using them.

As far as brushes, I love it, even though it takes me a bit longer to use a brush in morning then just using some gillette cream, I get to enjoy the shave using the brush and it really covers my face nicely and makes a quick shave pretty close.

Wow I wrote a lot. Ignore the spelling mistakes cause I am too lazy to correct. I know some might agree but most will disagress with stuff I say, but thats just my opinions .

thanks

Ilya

ilyailya said:
Aside from being too big and a bit hard to rinse (since of the rubber grooved on bottom) I think it is a good blade. I know it is a bit pricey but I am sure the price will come down.

Ilya

Pssst, hey buddy- I have this bridge in Brooklyn to sell; Just think of all the money you could make charging tolls! :wink: :wink:

Marty

I happened to see a Consumer Reports where they gave the the Fusion to like 80+ men and asked them to compare over the course of a few weeks. At the end, like 80+% said they would not consider switching from their usual routine, 10% said they would consider it, 5% said they were likely to switch.

Just wanted to add fuel to the fire :biggrin:

I personally use a Slant with a DE blade and:

1) Receive better shaves

2) Receive hardly any ingrown hairs

3) Save money

This is ample evidence that the Fusion is not for me and never will be.

Unlike the M3, I don't think that you're going to see a mass exodus towards the Fusion. I think that you're going to find that the vast majority of M3 users won't see a marked improvement when using the Fusion and will have a difficult time justifying the increase in costs.

-joedy

Joedy said:
I personally use a Slant with a DE blade and:

1) Receive better shaves

2) Receive hardly any ingrown hairs

3) Save money

This is ample evidence that the Fusion is not for me and never will be.

Unlike the M3, I don't think that you're going to see a mass exodus towards the Fusion. I think that you're going to find that the vast majority of M3 users won't see a marked improvement when using the Fusion and will have a difficult time justifying the increase in costs.

-joedy
Hey Joedy,
What is the difference per cartridge from the MUCH 3 to the FUZZON? Is it significant?

Ron,

The last time I looked in Wally-World, they were $15 and change for a 4 pack of cartridges - about 4 dollars per cartridge or if you want to get technical .... about 75 cents per each razor blade!

I think that the M3 is about 12 dollars for a 4 pack of cartridges.

The Fusion also needs batteries to run the Dildo Motor.... so factor that additional costs in there as well.

-joedy

ps. I just noticed that my Avatar slogan changed! Who did I happen to please?

Gatorade said:
The more you post the more it changes.When you hit certain levels it changes automatically

I was just being facetious with the, "Who did I please" comment.

Nice not to be a "Razor Raja" anymore.... although Whisker Wacker was kinda cool.

-joedy

Joedy said:
Ron,

The last time I looked in Wally-World, they were $15 and change for a 4 pack of cartridges - about 4 dollars per cartridge or if you want to get technical .... about 75 cents per each razor blade!

I think that the M3 is about 12 dollars for a 4 pack of cartridges.

The Fusion also needs batteries to run the Dildo Motor.... so factor that additional costs in there as well.

-joedy

ps. I just noticed that my Avatar slogan changed! Who did I happen to please?
That's phenomenal.. I wonder how long they last? It must be more than a week. Hmmm... Maybe not?

Top Bottom