What's new

No-Show Socks

I recently bought some no-show socks from Bombas. I ordered their medium, but they bunched up when wearing them. I exchanged them for large and had the same problem. Do any of you who wear no-show socks have any comments or suggestions about wearing them, fit and best brands? Maybe I should opt for ankle socks as a solution to my issues with no-shows.

Part of it depends on what sort of shoes you're wearing them with. For tennis shoes / sneakers, I prefer Puma ankle socks. They're effectively no-show, they're comfortable, and they hold up well.

For deck shoes, I've only tried Sperrys. I didn't like them. The elastic is too thick on the top of the foot and even when they fit properly, they still seem to pull on my toes in an uncomfortable way. Curious to hear other recommendations.

I recently bought some no-show socks from Bombas. I ordered their medium, but they bunched up when wearing them. I exchanged them for large and had the same problem. Do any of you who wear no-show socks have any comments or suggestions about wearing them, fit and best brands? Maybe I should opt for ankle socks as a solution to my issues with no-shows.

I don't wear no show socks but I do wear ankle socks which are just below the ankle. Depending on the shoe or sneaker I'm wearing determines if they are no show or not. But I've not had any issues with bunching. I have three different brands. I have a bunch of Pumas. They are larger than the others. I also have two different bunches of Addidas. I like them all and prefer them over socks that are calf height, although I'll still wear calf height socks depending upon the weather.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I prefer Smart Wool. They’re merino wool, so they don’t get stinky. They keep my shoes from getting stinky. Fit perfect and never bunch. I just catch grief from my wife about wearing “girlie socks”.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I'm a runner who uses a pair of no show socks every day for my morning runs and my favorite brand is Swiftwick. Made in the USA and are excellent quality. Check out their Maxus zero show, I've had no problems with bunching.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
These socks are not for me. Many like them but I cannot stand them. I only were boots and the only socks that I wear are Explorer socks.

I am a fan of no show socks and living in a relatively hot climate for more or less half part of the year (Greece) I have tried various. Best of the banch are Falke (steep priced though) and local brands Pournara and Walk.
Burlington broke down too fast (in contrary to thei normal socks).

Thankfully once in a while I find some cheapos (chinese OEM's probably).

No shows are an annoyance- they don't stay put and there's no cushion effect where I want it at the shoe-to-foot contact area.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I wear ankle socks occasionally, but not socks that wholly reside within the shoe. I don't think I'd trust those to stay put.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I switched to Darn Tough a couple years ago and have never been happier. Only socks I wear now. Winter/summer/fall/ whenever.

They have many No Show - Men’s Darn Tough View All Sock Collections - https://darntough.com/collections/men/height-no-show

They also have many 1/4 socks - Men’s Darn Tough View All Sock Collections - https://darntough.com/collections/men/height-1-4-sock

Made in the USA. Guaranteed for life. Rather expensive but 100% worth it considering some of the oldest socks still fit and look brand new after 2 years.

Also, never had a bunching problem. Use the size guide on the site. I’d start with just one pair. Give it a trial. You will likely need to go up a size. But start with what they recommend for your size foot.

I like the Nike no show, mainly cotton socks. I usually get them in black. They are quite well cushioned and comfortable. No bunching or slipping.

The last eight years, all I buy is Darn Tough socks. Transitioned from Balega, Smartwool, Bridgedale. Darn Tough no shows are what I wear with all my running, spinning and cycling shoes. Their cushioned mountaineering socks are great for the high peaks and for the Colorado winters. All are primarily merino wool.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Ankle socks are the best solution for me. They are the most comfortable and effective way to get the no show sock look. IMHO.

The only no-show socks I have had success using are the Converse ones. Stay in place and comfortable to wear. I usually pick them up in TK Maxx (the UK name for TJ Maxx)

The last eight years, all I buy is Darn Tough socks. Transitioned from Balega, Smartwool, Bridgedale. Darn Tough no shows are what I wear with all my running, spinning and cycling shoes. Their cushioned mountaineering socks are great for the high peaks and for the Colorado winters. All are primarily merino wool.
Thanks. You have provided some useful feedback about your Darn Tough and Feather RG razor today. Good to hear about your long term experience with these products.

Top Bottom