What's new

No show socks

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Now that summer is here I live in my Sperry's for casual wear. Does anyone have the perfect no show sock? I have yet to find a pair that doesn't eventually slip down on the heel.

I bought some cheap ones from ebay that have a silicone strip inside the heel area that do a good job of preventing the slip.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Men’s Darn Tough View All Sock Collections

They have No Show and Topless No Show. Which basically just covers your heel. I have switched all my socks to Darn Tough ever since last year. I don’t wear anything else.

I wear these in these shoes for a 10 hour work shift, 4 days a week and they have never slipped. Not once. Super comfortable. Be sure the check out the size chart. I wear a size 9. So I got the Medium size which goes up to a 9.5. I think that’s the key, get the size that fits snug. Buy one pair just to see if you like it. Then buy more and more and more. That’s what I did. Also, sometimes you can find free shipping on their website if you spend X amount. But if not, look for them on Amazon with Prime so it’s free shipping regardless.

63A22626-791D-47B6-8542-FAFEEDCF166D.png

F7F0DC58-5845-4CBC-9A3B-7DF616FD1829.jpeg

Men’s Darn Tough View All Sock Collections

They have No Show and Topless No Show. Which basically just covers your heel. I have switched all my socks to Darn Tough ever since last year. I don’t wear anything else.

I wear these in these shoes for a 10 hour work shift, 4 days a week and they have never slipped. Not once. Super comfortable. Be sure the check out the size chart. I wear a size 9. So I got the Medium size which goes up to a 9.5. I think that’s the key, get the size that fits snug. Buy one pair just to see if you like it. Then buy more and more and more. That’s what I did. Also, sometimes you can find free shipping on their website if you spend X amount. But if not, look for them on Amazon with Prime so it’s free shipping regardless.

View attachment 988523

View attachment 988524

All i've worn for the last couple years are Darn Tough's and i have no reason to look for another brand in what i wear, haven't tried their lows or no-shows.
dave

You'll have great luck at a dance(ballet & tap) shop. I saw them for the first time when my daughter was taking dance and we had to buy her "gear". I have also enjoyed the ones from thirty48 and free yoka, which I bought on amazon for use with my Vans, Sperry's, Chuck's and mocs.
Injinji also makes a pair but those has come up "missing". They were my favorites.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Smartwool no-shows work well for me. They used to be pretty cheap on Amazon, but I haven’t looked lately.

I live in two pairs of Sperrys - my workplace has only recently shifted from being a startup to what you'd call an established SME so I'm lucky enough that I can get away with it.

I strongly suggest going with some Pedag bamboo insoles (they can go through your washing machine on handwash) and leaving the socks at home.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I live in two pairs of Sperrys - my workplace has only recently shifted from being a startup to what you'd call an established SME so I'm lucky enough that I can get away with it.

I strongly suggest going with some Pedag bamboo insoles (they can go through your washing machine on handwash) and leaving the socks at home.

There here? : https://www.amazon.com/Pedag-Washab...la-450310231121&ref=&adgrpid=64728044760&th=1

I wear my Sperry Topsiders 80% of the time during the summer. And 79% without socks.

There here? : https://www.amazon.com/Pedag-Washab...la-450310231121&ref=&adgrpid=64728044760&th=1

I wear my Sperry Topsiders 80% of the time during the summer. And 79% without socks.

There are two kinds - rough hewn bamboo fibre bottom ones and plastic/perforated ones. Rough hewn last longer for me.

They're literally the only shoes I wear unless I'm in a suit for most of the year. If they made black Sperrys in my size, I think that'd be the end of me wearing dress shoes unless it were a super formal event.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
There are two kinds - rough hewn bamboo fibre bottom ones and plastic/perforated ones. Rough hewn last longer for me.

They're literally the only shoes I wear unless I'm in a suit for most of the year. If they made black Sperrys in my size, I think that'd be the end of me wearing dress shoes unless it were a super formal event.
Thanks! Gonna try the terry cotton ones first. I just ordered them.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

Did you take out the insert that came with the Sperry shoes or put the new insert over the top? Mine that came with the shoes are glued in.

Did you take out the insert that came with the Sperry shoes or put the new insert over the top? Mine that came with the shoes are glued in.

No need to remove the Sperry insole, slot the washable insert straight over the top, they're very thin.

If your feet get properly wet (wonderful summer its been here in London, with a top of 14c and raining today) you will find that the Sperry insole will bleed some colour into the insert. Not ideal cosmetically but doesn't impact the insert.

I've got three pairs of inserts, the rough hewn sole version tends to get about 3 days of use before needing a wash, I only generally get a day out of the perforated plastic pair.

Last edited:
I took the insole out and use an comfortable, durable insole replacement from Super Feet. They're not cheap, but I highly recommend them.

Top Bottom