What's new

No Shave November

No shave November is a bit of a burden...I have not yet had the opportunity to use a slant razor I won during this year's auction (thanks again to Jake for the great donation!), nor have I had the opportunity to use a 'Psycho' razor that I purchased from Robert G. (Thanks again Robert!).

For those members participating, please post pics. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20181111_093726.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
WIN_20181113_04_05_47_Pro.jpg
WIN_20181113_04_09_58_Pro.jpg

How my beard currently looks. I had the circle beard previously.

Attachments

• WIN_20181113_04_06_32_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181113_04_06_32_Pro.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 12
You could grow a thick beard if you wished. @Lance Foster @Clay S No Shave November goes over like a fart in church around here, although it is all about diseases that predominately effect males. It is the male version of breast cancer awareness. I think the gals should grow their leg hair that month as a tribute to us.

I enjoy my shaves too much to give them up! (Sorry guys, this one is not for me.)

I definitely see where your coming from, I consider it quite a sacrifice for me. I'm not doing something I enjoy, and delaying my SR learning/training. I've been washing my face with lather whipped up with my brushes to get a tiny bit of the shaving enjoyment.

At least I should get an excellent test for TTOs and OCs clogging.

View attachment 927691
View attachment 927693
How my beard currently looks. I had the circle beard previously.

Nice growth, Clay! Is the new growth since the 1st?

I enjoy my shaves too much to give them up! (Sorry guys, this one is not for me.)

Like you, I enjoy shaving as well -- especially using my straight razors, but love having a full beard a little more so staying bearded. At some point I may shave, but as for now, full beard isn't going anywhere.

Nice growth, Clay! Is the new growth since the 1st?

Yes, since the first. Last shave was late in the day, last day of October. I used to wear a full beard all the time, only trimming my moustache, but after getting a rechargeable cheap trimmer, decided to change my look. Trying to get a handlebar moustache, it is finally long enough where I'm not munching on it when eating :)

I used to wear a full beard all the time, only trimming my moustache, but after getting a rechargeable cheap trimmer, decided to change my look. Trying to get a handlebar moustache, it is finally long enough where I'm not munching on it when eating :)

Nothing wrong with changing things up. I decided to do that with my hair earlier this year. Been sporting a high and tight flattop for about 9 months. It's kind of a pain to maintain keeping it this short, but I like the way it looks. Good luck with the handlebar stache! I tried it once, but it just wasn't me.

I have not shaved since November 3,and won't shave until December 7. It is killing me, cause I love my shaves, but I'm doing it anyway. Will post a pic this weekend. Looking forward to my shave on the morning of Friday 7. Will be using Proraso green pre shave, green croap, with an Omega boar , Blue Beards Revenge Shavette, (new Crown blade) and my MTO Devette for touch ups. (New blade to be decided on the day. ) Followed up with Floid vigarraso. Can't wait. It has been interesting, but I don't know why I did this to myself. LOL

I didn't participate because my facial hair grows just long enough to make me look newly homeless. It's short and patchy. I have tried several times to grow a full beard, but it ain't happening, so I just shave.

My "No Shave November" has been involuntary. I fractured my leg and ankle in October and can't put weight on my foot, making shaving at the sink too difficult. Hence the beard:
Beard shot_cropped.jpg

I've gotten compliments and have been told to keep it. But I like to shave, miss the morning ritual of it, and have a lot of product languishing in my shave den. I see the orthopedist next week and if I get permission to put partial weight on my foot, I think the beard is coming off.

Top Bottom