What's new

No Sartorial AS? What's similar?

Hello Everyone,
I trust this note finds you well, as some of us are getting ready for New Year's Eve celebrations (only one day away).
I am a big fan of Penhaligon's Sartorial scent profile. I only wish that Pens made an aftershave splash. It is only offered as a balm or an EdT. I believe an aftershave splash was in existence, but was discontinued.
So I find myself with no real option for the warmer months, when a balm won't do.
At @joel 's suggestion, I tried using Brut as the AS, followed by the Sartorial EdT. It works surprisingly well, but it is not perfect. Especially when I get too heavy handed with the Brut.
What say you?
Have you come across an aftershave that is close to Sartorial ? Or dead-on? Or a very good complement to the EdT?
Thank you for your help.

Great report, Sir Mio!

Really, don't fret about a lack of Sartorial aftershave!
Enjoy the shave soap or cream!
Use a simple cool water face wash after shaving, as an aftershave.
Then apply the nice Sartorial cologne.
Really, a nice shave.

colgate stick gillette new rubberset michelson bay rum penhaligon sartorial december 12 2015.jpg

@AlphaFrank75 , I hadn't considered it. That's a great idea.
It is a fougere after all. I'll try it this week.
Maybe I should be looking at complementing aftershaves.
Like other fougeres.
Thank you, that opens up many possibilities.

I get many similarities between Man From Mayfair from Wholly Kaw to Sartorial. It smells like Sartorial minus the ozonic effect described in scent notes. It's not a dead ringer but pretty similar to me

I get many similarities between Man From Mayfair from Wholly Kaw to Sartorial. It smells like Sartorial minus the ozonic effect described in scent notes. It's not a dead ringer but pretty similar to me

Thank you kindly. It is now on my to-buy list.
I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
That's an interesting thought.
Like along the lines of Alvarez Gomez? Or do you have something else in mind?

Don’t know if I could cite a certain fragrance. Do you know how the green husk on a black walnut smells? Like that. Or, the “Dead Sea” by razorock would be close they make an aftershave but I don’t know if it smells like the soap.

[...] Do you know how the green husk on a black walnut smells? [...] Or, the “Dead Sea” by razorock [...]

I am not familiar with the scent of either, but now I definitely want to find out. Especially the green husk of a black walnut.
Now "Dead Sea" also made it to my to-buy list.
Thank you for the suggestions.

Nobody jumped in with Booster Mosswood, yet?

Think both Mosswood and Sartorial share notes with English Fern.

Top Bottom