What's new

No point shaving with another razor...

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Have you ever come to the conclusion that there's no point shaving with another razor other than the one you've found that consistently meets or exceeds your expectations?

Or to put it a different way, have you found a razor that has ended your search for a better one?

Not really, I don't feel that way. I have a some really nice razors, and some that are not so nice. But I like using them all, just because they give me a different experience.

For me, shaving only with my best razor is like picking from my closet my best pair of shoes and deciding not to use any other pair.

Does this make any sense?

QRTAS

Have you ever come to the conclusion that there's no point shaving with another razor other than the one you've found that consistently meets or exceeds your expectations?

Or to put it a different way, have you found a razor that has ended your search for a better one?

Kinda yes, but it’s not a DE. I still collect and choose to use others, though!

The Rockwell 6S killed my need to buy anything else in a hurry, once I found out how well the R5 plate worked.

After about a year, curiosity won again. I tried the Game Changer .68, liked it a lot, but it was slightly too mild (like an R4). No prizes for guessing what I did next.

The GC.84 is my current favourite, the GC.68 is ideal for the ATG and tidy-up, and the combination has once again killed my need to buy anything else in a hurry.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have Four + razors it seems that I really enjoy and they very in aggression and efficiency and blade selection is very important on a few.
Gem Featherweight 1950-52(1st generation) Lower mid range razor, easy to manipulate and gives good results with a Gem SS PTFE blade.
Schick injector E type with a Schick blade or Personna SS PTFE blade. Mid range razor, Very easy razor to manipulate with usually stellar results.(light touch still needed)
Razorock game changer .84 with a Kai SS blade, mid range razor with the Kai SS extra wide blade(.009") for more blade feel and lately I have had some great shaves with this combination. 2 pass with a few pickups excellent shaves.
Oneblade Core with a Gem SS PTFE blade modified, mild razor but with a little pressure it performs on chin and neck irritation free 95% of the time with a 3 pass shave seems I get nice results and easy to manipulate or handle.

To find these nice razors I ended up with over 45 razors and do not regret it at all. I find it hard to find a grail razor because as you use different razors they all become easier to handle and easier to find their strengths and my techniques have to change a little when you understand the razor characteristics and blade feel.

Since I got the GC 0.84-P solid bar I’ve sold all the rest of my razors.Muhle,Fatip,Timeless,Tatara,Karve ...All gone!

But what really killed the urge for another razor,once and for all ,was the GC 0.84-P open comb .This razor just feels like it has been specifically designed and made for my stubble and skin .
Perfect in every aspect !

Both my GCs are hand polished to a mirror finish .

Last edited:
Absolutely YES, just look at my signature.

All 3 do a great job. If I had to pick a single one to take it with me on a deserted island, following a shipwreck, it'd be the Feather AC with Super blades.

My Schick Krona killed my RAD. I still have a New SC for when I don't shave for several days, and a birth year/quarter Super Speed for nostalgia and to change things up occasionally, but I'm getting rid of all my others.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
It can be called "RAD killer" in here.

Recently, my RAD killer is PILS 101NE, but it is difficult to guarantee how long I can last. At least other new razors are not very interesting to me.

Top Bottom