What's new

No more Stirling Spice?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
You’re forgetting the grand national. My dad had a 69 GTO and a 71 Trans Am when I was a young’n. These days I just want a transit van.

Yes, but the Buick is too expensive. I'm giving up on finding one at a reasonable price.

I’ve been waiting for the right 1970 El Camino SS - 454 to come along...

I’ll need the bed space for my cooler and fishing rods

wicked tuna GIF by National Geographic Channel

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’ve been waiting for the right 1970 El Camino SS - 454 to come along...

I’ll need the bed space for my cooler and fishing rods

wicked tuna GIF by National Geographic Channel
Sadly, when you find one you might have to modify the bed for an extra gas tank!

I ALWAYS wanted one of those, or the Ford equivalent, was it called a "Ranchero?"

I had an '81 VW Sportruck that was my favorite vehicle of all time. Front wheel drive, I hauled more firewood with that thing than probably all my other trucks combined. I'm probably the only person I know that can honestly say my trucks all paid for themselves, lol!

Sadly, when you find one you might have to modify the bed for an extra gas tank!

I ALWAYS wanted one of those, or the Ford equivalent, was it called a "Ranchero?"

I had an '81 VW Sportruck that was my favorite vehicle of all time. Front wheel drive, I hauled more firewood with that thing than probably all my other trucks combined. I'm probably the only person I know that can honestly say my trucks all paid for themselves, lol!
But it's all freeway miles for me. What am I looking at 12 maybe 13MPG tops
It's all over if I drop a pair of 100# tunas back there - I guess I'll just have them processed for me from then on...

FarmerTan

But it's all freeway miles for me. What am I looking at 12 maybe 13MPG tops
It's all over if I drop a pair of 100# tunas back there - I guess I'll just have them processed for me from then on...
Well 200# of Tuna will come in handy on all those days you folks have to put up with freezing rain on the roads!

I guess I need to stock up on some Stirling Spice bath soap, my favorite one. And to continue the car talk, I love my '03 Mustang Cobra convertible when driving in the rolling hills and mountains of Virginia... true pleasure. The wind feels great on a freshly shaved face with a Stirling glacial aftershave :)

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Back on the rails, Stirling just announced their spring soap release, so if you were worried that your fave warm weather soap was no more, go take a look. Keep in mind that a lot of their soaps are seasonal. I just bought some Stirling Green.

FarmerTan

Back on the rails, Stirling just announced their spring soap release, so if you were worried that your fave warm weather soap was no more, go take a look. Keep in mind that a lot of their soaps are seasonal. I just bought some Stirling Green.
Have you tried it before? What's it like (if you have!) please.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Have you tried it before? What's it like (if you have!) please.

Sorry I missed your post Dave, yes I’ve tried it. It’s a rather nice copy of Ralph Lauren Polo Green, maybe better than the current RL Polo Green fragrance. According to the frag heads, RL PG changed significantly and for the worse when the EU limited the content of oakmoss. A US manufacturer like Stirling does not have that limitation, and both the soap and the AS have that distinct oakmoss note.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
As Mark Twain would say, the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Stirling’s site again offers Glastonbury and all other mutton tallow soaps, except Port-Au-Prince. Great news for those of us who love sheep!
I know. I’m glad to see that. He must still have some mutton laying around!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I missed getting Glastonbury on two occasions, now I cannot find it anywhere, smh.

I love Port Au Prince and Varen (got a backup of Varen), the rest I haven't tried yet. Mutton tallow is indeed a step up in Stirling soap quality.
Given that any Stirling soap lasts a long time I have enough to enjoy for a long time, but Glastonbury will be missed though.
Glastonbury is back in stock at Stirling. Time to pounce!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I think its the climate that we are in, between the pandemic, and the supply shortages, its very difficult for companies to produce products for us now. The tech market has been shambles for years, and is only just now starting to get back on its feet. However, if a supplier stops producing a fragrance oil, that is required to make a particular shave soap or aftershave, then ya, about the only thing that they can do is discontinue. I hope that they can find a new supplier, so you can get your spice soap back!

Truth be told, I actually wouldn't mind trying out a spice soap, if it smells like pepper, or cinnamon, I will be all for it! If anybody in here who knows what shave soap I'd like most based on my description of pepper and or cinnamon, let me know. Thats the way I think of spice, when I think of the word spice.

I just got done ordering Glacial Lemon Chill from Stirling today. I am a big fan of the lemon scent, so that will be really nice to have, especially for the summer time.

I think its the climate that we are in, between the pandemic, and the supply shortages, its very difficult for companies to produce products for us now. The tech market has been shambles for years, and is only just now starting to get back on its feet. However, if a supplier stops producing a fragrance oil, that is required to make a particular shave soap or aftershave, then ya, about the only thing that they can do is discontinue. I hope that they can find a new supplier, so you can get your spice soap back!

Truth be told, I actually wouldn't mind trying out a spice soap, if it smells like pepper, or cinnamon, I will be all for it! If anybody in here who knows what shave soap I'd like most based on my description of pepper and or cinnamon, let me know. Thats the way I think of spice, when I think of the word spice.

I just got done ordering Glacial Lemon Chill from Stirling today. I am a big fan of the lemon scent, so that will be really nice to have, especially for the summer time.
I recommend adding some extra menthol to that Glacial Lemon Chill … oh yeah!! 🤣

Top Bottom