What's new

No more Starbucks for me

IMG_20190621_200006.jpg
so sometime in November coffee is free. At least that's how I justified this extravagance. I will be checking in to see about beans soon.

Looks like a great setup. Now, if you want to start roasting your own beans, just let us know. It is a lot easier than you might think, and can be done in a cast iron pan.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Coffee has gotten way too complicated in the 50+ years my wife and I have been drinking it. When we get out of bed in the morning, all we want do to push the bold and start buttons on our Cuisinart. I have it ready with pre-ground Starbucks French Roast (extra scoops) before we go to bed. For a mid-day/afternoon jolt, we have a single cup Keurig. We usually prefer Death Wish or Tim Horton Dark pods. After supper is another quick Cuisinart pot. KISS.

I'm gonna need more money. The funny part is I'm happy with the folders single pack instant stuff. The first cup this morning was good. A little strong. I like it.

There's no such thing as bad coffee. But on the other hand, there is definitely such a thing as superb coffee.

There's no such thing as bad coffee.

Oh, but there is. The worst coffee I have ever had was from a university coffee shop. I think they burnt the beans or something. I kept dumping cream and sugar in it to try to salvage it. My friend thought I was being ridiculous so she took a swig of it and agreed it was the worst either of us had ever tasted. I never went back to that coffee shop again.

Thanks. The little one gets hot chocolate from it so everybody wins . I'm lucky I got out of the store before he showed me the high end stuff.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that and where did you buy it?

We're in the market for a new coffee machine as we found out ours went kaput when we returned from our cruise earlier this week.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Williams Sonoma $600. I stopped at Starbucks daily for a few bucks so I should be even soon. It works great . No regrets.

This thread has inspired to finally buy myself a new French Press. I keep breaking my glass ones, so I bought a new one from Starbucks that was all plastic. It’s the lowest I’ve ever gone as a coffee snob. It’s awful! It tastes like plastic and there’s always grinds in my coffee. I get my new Williams Sonoma all stainless shipped by the 19, and I’m stoked! There’s a 20% off sale and free shipping sale FYI.

French Presses & Pour Over Coffee Makers | Williams Sonoma

I’d have loved to get an espresso machine, but I keep buying knives, rocks and ammo. Sigh.

Top Bottom