What's new

No more Starbucks for me

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This thread has inspired to finally buy myself a new French Press. I keep breaking my glass ones, so I bought a new one from Starbucks that was all plastic. It’s the lowest I’ve ever gone as a coffee snob. It’s awful! It tastes like plastic and there’s always grinds in my coffee. I get my new Williams Sonoma all stainless shipped by the 19, and I’m stoked! There’s a 20% off sale and free shipping sale FYI.

French Presses & Pour Over Coffee Makers | Williams Sonoma

I’d have loved to get an espresso machine, but I keep buying knives, rocks and ammo. Sigh.
Yes, I'm glad my coffee is pre ground Dunkin Donuts. More money for ammo!

After years of French Press, I switched to the Aeropress this year and love it. Not as much of a snob as others, but love a good cup of coffee in the morning.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This thread has inspired to finally buy myself a new French Press. I keep breaking my glass ones, so I bought a new one from Starbucks that was all plastic. It’s the lowest I’ve ever gone as a coffee snob. It’s awful! It tastes like plastic and there’s always grinds in my coffee. I get my new Williams Sonoma all stainless shipped by the 19, and I’m stoked! There’s a 20% off sale and free shipping sale FYI.

I’d have loved to get an espresso machine, but I keep buying knives, rocks and ammo. Sigh.

I've had one of the these since they hit the market.

proxy.php

Link.

SS is perfect for this application. Glass breaks (ask me how I know).

after my last cruise and the lousy ship coffee, (coffee bar was great). I ended up buying me a breville oracle,
manufacturer refurbished for $1000, had a hard time pulling the trigger, but dont regret it now. Just had my first' clean me ' message after approx 250 shots, ive done about 250 double shots, 2 large americanos and a latte every day,
at $5 a pop i would be already even. But i dont go out and buy coffee in a shop and wasnt happy with what i was getting at home.
THis unit was chosen because it dit it all and kept a cleaner footprint than grind, pack etc as my wife would go nuts with the mess.
I pay a little bit more for beans, been using lavazza. I have no regrets.

ps, if anyone is int in this machine pm me ill tell you things you should know before buying one.

Last edited:
Huh...after the stunt they pulled in Tempe, AZ I don't think there will be any Starbucks purchases in my future either.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Huh...after the stunt they pulled in Tempe, AZ I don't think there will be any Starbucks purchases in my future either.
Me either. But Mr. Horton's coffee don't thrill me no more either. Good thing I still like DD! Tho I mostly just drink it at home, like 99.999999% of the time.

I tend to appreciate the Crema that is made using the french press. Hard to beat a fresh cup made with a french press.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I get my new Williams Sonoma all stainless shipped by the 19, and I’m stoked!

I hope that works well for you. We went to a stainless French press, and I'll never go back (and shouldn't have to). We have a Frieling that has served us very well for a number of years, now.

Top Bottom