What's new

No more Starbucks for me

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
This thread has inspired to finally buy myself a new French Press. I keep breaking my glass ones, so I bought a new one from Starbucks that was all plastic. It’s the lowest I’ve ever gone as a coffee snob. It’s awful! It tastes like plastic and there’s always grinds in my coffee. I get my new Williams Sonoma all stainless shipped by the 19, and I’m stoked! There’s a 20% off sale and free shipping sale FYI.

French Presses & Pour Over Coffee Makers | Williams Sonoma

I’d have loved to get an espresso machine, but I keep buying knives, rocks and ammo. Sigh.
Yes, I'm glad my coffee is pre ground Dunkin Donuts. More money for ammo!

After years of French Press, I switched to the Aeropress this year and love it. Not as much of a snob as others, but love a good cup of coffee in the morning.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Contributor
Ambassador
This thread has inspired to finally buy myself a new French Press. I keep breaking my glass ones, so I bought a new one from Starbucks that was all plastic. It’s the lowest I’ve ever gone as a coffee snob. It’s awful! It tastes like plastic and there’s always grinds in my coffee. I get my new Williams Sonoma all stainless shipped by the 19, and I’m stoked! There’s a 20% off sale and free shipping sale FYI.

I’d have loved to get an espresso machine, but I keep buying knives, rocks and ammo. Sigh.
I've had one of the these since they hit the market.

Link.

SS is perfect for this application. Glass breaks (ask me how I know).

after my last cruise and the lousy ship coffee, (coffee bar was great). I ended up buying me a breville oracle,
manufacturer refurbished for $1000, had a hard time pulling the trigger, but dont regret it now. Just had my first' clean me ' message after approx 250 shots, ive done about 250 double shots, 2 large americanos and a latte every day,
at $5 a pop i would be already even. But i dont go out and buy coffee in a shop and wasnt happy with what i was getting at home.
THis unit was chosen because it dit it all and kept a cleaner footprint than grind, pack etc as my wife would go nuts with the mess.
I pay a little bit more for beans, been using lavazza. I have no regrets.

ps, if anyone is int in this machine pm me ill tell you things you should know before buying one.

Last edited:

Acmemfg

Contributor
Ambassador
Huh...after the stunt they pulled in Tempe, AZ I don't think there will be any Starbucks purchases in my future either.

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
Huh...after the stunt they pulled in Tempe, AZ I don't think there will be any Starbucks purchases in my future either.
Me either. But Mr. Horton's coffee don't thrill me no more either. Good thing I still like DD! Tho I mostly just drink it at home, like 99.999999% of the time.

I tend to appreciate the Crema that is made using the french press. Hard to beat a fresh cup made with a french press.

TexLaw

Contributor
I get my new Williams Sonoma all stainless shipped by the 19, and I’m stoked!
I hope that works well for you. We went to a stainless French press, and I'll never go back (and shouldn't have to). We have a Frieling that has served us very well for a number of years, now.