What's new

No more Lanes Dark Red!

I was just informed by my local tobacconist that Lane is discontinuing Dark Red! This is one of my favorites. I'm going to have to stock up and start looking for something to replace it. This is sad news.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I was just informed by my local tobacconist that Lane is discontinuing Dark Red! This is one of my favorites. I'm going to have to stock up and start looking for something to replace it. This is sad news.
Hmm. I hadn't heard this. I haven't tried the blend but I wonder if that might be one of several blends they are moving away from? I don't smoke many of their bulks, but I'm curious.

Looks like it’s very available everywhere I’ve looked online.
$170 gets you right at 5 pounds of it on pipesandcigars right now.

It’s highly possible due to Lane closing US operations in Georgia by the end of the year.

Ugh, now I want to try every lane blend....

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Looks like it’s very available everywhere I’ve looked online.
$170 gets you right at 5 pounds of it on pipesandcigars right now.

It’s highly possible due to Lane closing US operations in Georgia by the end of the year.

Ugh, now I want to try every lane blend....
Godspeed! Go forth and smoke!

I'm going to have to stock up. At some point the supply will get low and I want to have plenty on hand. I really like it and its great for coloring a Meerschaum.

I hate to rain on things but I added 2oz to my order at smoking pipes to try it out. I got an email today saying they were out of stock. So I asked when they’d be getting it back in stock and this is the reply I got from smokingpipes.com

Attachments

• 2C4182C6-0BCC-468C-929E-486146B4B648.jpeg
    2C4182C6-0BCC-468C-929E-486146B4B648.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom