What's new

No more Gillette DE blades?

hey all

i just went to Bed Bath and Beyond looking for blades and an AS balm. I bought Nivea cool. when i got to the blades, i noticed Gillette DE blades were missing, leaving only Wilkinson swords. i went to Rite Aide to look for them also. Wilkinsons are my favorite but i still buy Gillette, from time to time. anybody hear about them discontinuing?

Edit: i messed up buy not putting this in the "safety razor blade" section
also their price code tag things were missing

Last edited:
With the PRICE that Gillette charges for DE blades in the United States they may as well discontinue them.
The best and cheapest Gillette DE blades come from Asia and Russia and are purchased online.
Wp

No real loss, as the de blades sold by Gillette in the US are some of the worst (and most overpriced) on the market. :bored:

Last edited:
i do agree it not being a lost. but it's still one less wet shaving product on the shelfs. if its discontinued of course

They probably need them for the Pro-glide: they break them in half and then split the remaining halves in two to make a total of four ultra-thin blades.

With the PRICE that Gillette charges for DE blades in the United States they may as well discontinue them.
The best and cheapest Gillette DE blades come from Asia and Russia and are purchased online.
Wp

That's right,
online is the way to go.
You can get almost 100 Gillette blades from Asia or Russia at the price of 5 pack that you buy at the local drugstore.
The other day i went at a drugstore near where i live and i saw that they had Wilkinson blades(the 5 pack) and they were asking 5,99$ for it.
That's why i prefer online.

6 bucks for wilkinson is crazy:thumbdown
my cornerstore has those for 2 dollars which is my everyday blade:thumbup1:

i dunno about you guys but i like seeing classic shaving material on shelves instead of only online. my stuff consists of only store bought. i'm about to setup an order online for creams though:tongue_sm:thumbup:

Just order some 7 O'Clock Yellows online. Sucks that you can't get them locally, but several excellent vendors carry them.

Top Bottom