What's new

No more GameChanger .68?

For those of you who have and use Twitter/Facebook, have you seen recent comments from RazoRock saying that they won't be producing any more GameChangers in the .68 variation? I was a little surprised to see this considering how much of a hit it was. I have one myself so I am not concerned about acquiring one, but just thought it was interesting.

I think many complained it was too mild of a razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's unusual because although many may have complained it was too mild, I am believing many more did not complain because it was just right. Still, to now think about a 1.05 makes me think that the design was not quite right from the beginning.

For me I found that it was a rougher shaving razor without being more efficient than the Mamba (and this was before the 70). I am thinking that bigger gaps would not make the shave smoother. I am so relieved that the Mamba 70 retained the smoothness while adding more efficiency.

I don't think the Mamba and the GC can be compared because they are different razors.

It's unusual because although many may have complained it was too mild, I am believing many more did not complain because it was just right. Still, to now think about a 1.05 makes me think that the design was not quite right from the beginning.

For me I found that it was a rougher shaving razor without being more efficient than the Mamba (and this was before the 70). I am thinking that bigger gaps would not make the shave smoother. I am so relieved that the Mamba 70 retained the smoothness while adding more efficiency.

I don't think the Mamba and the GC can be compared because they are different razors.

Totally agree !

I bought myself a .68 for Christmas. I have used it with Feather and Astra SP blades. For me it is just perfect. Very smooth even atg. 2 passes with some atg buffing gives me a bbs that lasts. I'm 55 so I ain't shaving peach fuzz. Its a shame they have dropped it. I should have got one for my son. The build quality is perfect. Just could not ask for a better razor.

To OP:

Yes, quite sad. I love my .68.

I think, as mentioned, the love for the .84 though because of smoothness and increased efficiency has overshadowed the .68.

They told me they'll watch the "email me" list, and if that gets long might consider a run - otherwise the .68 is indeed gone.

I'm enjoying my .84, and would only consider a .68 just to have it, maybe for when I get old(er) and care less.

Thankfully I’ve found a local vendor who has a few left. I still want to grab one for both of my boys (for when they will be ready to use it in 12 years time!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

... to now think about a 1.05 makes me think that the design was not quite right from the beginning.

For me I found that it was a rougher shaving razor without being more efficient than the Mamba
That's been my experience exactly. I did and still do like the original Mamba .53. It's so smooth and comfortable, but I did occasionally want for something a little more efficient. So I bit on the GC .68 but it didn't really do it for me. I find it a little rough without delivering the efficiency I was looking for. Now I'm on to the Mamba .70 and it is definitely what I was hoping the GC .68 would be: a big step up in efficiency, with most of the smoothness and comfort of the Mamba .53 preserved.

I think many complained it was too mild of a razor.

It's something that's irritating. The noisy crowd just want it faster n more efficient. I'm content w a razor that does its job quietly n smoothly.

I'm glad Karve makes a range of plates instead of just making more n more aggressive razors.

Top Bottom