What's new

No more falling brushes.

Well after one of my best brushes fell off the shelf and broke.

I decided I needed to do something different about storing my brushes. I like them out in the open and ready to go. I just did not want another good brush falling to its demise!

Seen a post on here maybe a month ago where someone mentioned they used an old rubber stamp holder as a brush holder.
So I went looking around and found this nice standard stamp holder at a junky store.
Gave it a good cleaning and a nice polish to the chrome, covered the clips with rubber shrink tube to avoid scratching the brushes. And set it in the corner.

Turned out great, holds eight of my brushes and looks good doing so! Not only that but I got a two thumbs up from my wife for making my corner of the bathroom look a bit neater!

Now I need to figure out something for my razors?

0AF06EDA-09F8-4973-8593-64DA05D99E09.jpeg

1B1508EB-97F4-4E58-ABE4-02CDFD4C2643.jpeg

I decided I needed to do something different about storing my brushes. I like them out in the open and ready to go. I just did not want another good brush falling to its demise!

Seen a post on here maybe a month ago where someone mentioned they used an old rubber stamp holder as a brush holder.
So I went looking around and found this nice standard stamp holder at a junky store.
Gave it a good cleaning and a nice polish to the chrome, covered the clips with rubber shrink tube to avoid scratching the brushes. And set it in the corner.

Turned out great, holds eight of my brushes and looks good doing so! Not only that but I got a two thumbs up from my wife for making my corner of the bathroom look a bit neater!

View attachment 1556911
View attachment 1556912
That's pretty nifty.

View attachment 1556911
View attachment 1556912
Very well done, Ray! Kudos to you.

View attachment 1556911
View attachment 1556912
I use these slots in mine..... you can also use the space behind brushes and put extra razors in the " brush slots "

Inked0AF06EDA-09F8-4973-8593-64DA05D99E09s_LIdce.jpg

all the marked spots will hold a razor...

Inked1B1508EB-97F4-4E58-ABE4-02CDFD4C2643_LI.jpg

There's enough spots for at Least 16 razors....

Last edited:
Fine job and it looks good. I still have to hide my stuff in a closet. Only one brush on the counter. I dont dare leave straight razors out anyway but a couple brushes and s cup would be nice. Oh well, they just hide in the closet.

Oh and I just thought about something else that I was once told about our stands. Someone told me that we could leave the base off of a second stand and tale the top screw on piece off of the stand we already have and we could screw another " rack " on there and then have the top piece with the logo screwed into that one basically making our stands a double stacked one... I haven't tried it but wanted to mention it to you....
Something like this idea....
vintage-standard-tier-22-rubber-stamp_1_a681e55e3dad2665296244456ce60a95(1).jpg

Last edited:
Great idea. I'm going to check this out. Do you just use a heat gun in the plastic shrink tubing? I don't know much about that stuff
I just used a cig lighter to put the shrink tube on. If the heat guns hot enough I think that would work also.

It is a slick setup and looks professional in my opinion. Or at least, organized. :)

Top Bottom