What's new

No guard DE?

My dad shaved with a guardless razor exclusively for all his life. He took a simple Gillette Tech and ground off the guard.

If anyone wants to try it, just whack the guard off a $10 Tech and go for it. That said, I've been DE shaving for 40+ years and like hyper aggressive razors like the R41 and Fatip, and this is the only razor I *cannot* shave with. It's brutal. What makes it even harder for me to grasp is dad only used a steep angle at what looked like a perfect 90 degrees.

My dad shaved with a guardless razor exclusively for all his life. He took a simple Gillette Tech and ground off the guard.

If anyone wants to try it, just whack the guard off a $10 Tech and go for it. That said, I've been DE shaving for 40+ years and like hyper aggressive razors like the R41 and Fatip, and this is the only razor I *cannot* shave with. It's brutal. What makes it even harder for me to grasp is dad only used a steep angle at what looked like a perfect 90 degrees.

Amazing. Puts a new meaning to "no pressure"

I absolutely love the idea of a guardless "safety" and dont know why I haven't heard of it and didn't think of it before! Really it's a shavette with the manouverability of a safety.

I kept the baseplate from a bakelite which I thought was broken actually it's ideal to experiment with for this $uploadfromtaptalk1419027322553.jpg

At first glance I thought to myself, I might give that a shot. One heck of an aggressive shave

Then I saw the pictures with the blade loaded. There is no way in HE double hockey sticks I would try that thing.

Heck I'd be scared to load the razor in fear of slipping and losing a digit!

I can't stand it any longer. I have to try the DE/shavette. So, in one of many misguided shaving purchases, I bought one.
A review will be posted ...

I think that it is absolutely made in China. They are putting "not made in China" specifically after the mention of the Astra blades to give the illusion of being made elsewhere, but I believe that is Chinese and the Astra blades are their safety net for complainers so they can refer back to the wording and point to the blades.. just my humble opinion... looking forward to the review. ..

One more thing that I was wondering... doesn't the etsy and eBay links break the B&B rules... not trying to police, but things are changing around here and was curious if that rule had changed as well.

Top Bottom