What's new

No breast pocket. Where do you keep your pen?

Lately, I have strted carrying a Sheaffer 100. For work, I wear a button-down shirt almsot every day, however many of them do not have a breast pocket.

In those cases, I clip my pen in my pocket next to my knife. Unfortunately, this has led to some wear on the cap where it rubs against my pocket.

I could keep it in my bag, but I don't always have my bag with me.

If you don't have a breast pocket, where do you keep your pens?

I almost always wear shirts with pockets. When I don't the front thigh pockets in my cargo pants treat a fountain pen housed in a leather pen case/holder quite well.

My butler hands me my pen when I need it. I don't know where he keeps it when I'm not using it.

$my butler.jpg

Almost none of my shirts have pockets. Also, I like the look of some pens without pocket clips. I keep my pens in a leather pen case, sleeve, or roll, and put that in my messenger bag or pocket. If I don't have a bag, I put the pen in an empty pants/jeans pocket, and it does fine there. Today, I've been using a Lamy Nexx M that has a strong spring clip that opens nice and wide. I just clip that in my jean pocket near my Spyderco. Sometimes, a pen's design dictates how I carry it.

-Andy

Last edited:
I either attach my pens to my lanyard at work or put them between my buttons with the pen on the inside of my shirt. I prefer to use my lanyard just in case the pen decides it wants to go for a walk... :p

Cheers,

M.

About five years ago, a study came out that showed the most unsanitary clothing item, by far, is the necktie. Since then, I work in either a golf shirt or a sweater. This leaves me without a shirt pocket, and I now keep a fountain pen or two in my right, front trouser pocket.

lets hope your butler likes you. Otherwise you don't want to know where he puts it.

For the butler's sake i hope it's not a Duofold Senior.

I have a desk pen - a Summit with an excellent italic nib - and i carry at least two fountain pens in a pen case when i head to meetings.

A Pilot Capless is the perfect choice for someone who wants to carry a pen in their pocket. That's exactly what the Capless pen was designed for.

Top Bottom