What's new

No Barber Shops open ? No problem.

1586139553508.png

I got bored the other day being House bound. Despite my having (had) a completely full (non balding) thick Head of Hair, it was just too much to maintain and badly in need of a Haircut. So, since all the Barber Shops are closed, I decided to go "Mid-evil" on my Head with (first) the Wahl Clippers and then afterwards the Razor. Man, it feels GREAT! You can tell how pleased I am judging by my smile!
Sorry for the HULKING SIZE photograph. I just can NOT find a way to make it smaller.

SixCats!

What a coincidence. I just used the Wahl clippers yesterday because I had the beginnings of a mullet growing and I just couldn't stand it. So I used the longest #8 guard and cleaned up the sides and back in about 10 minutes. It was an OK but not a great haircut, but I have paid for far worse haircuts. So I will be able to get through this barbershop shutdown for as long as it lasts.

I haven’t had to worry about a barbershop in many years. Even before I started shaving my head, I sported a buzz cut out a high and tight. I either did the buzz cut myself or my wife did the H&T.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

Interestingly, in Singapore now, hairdressers and barbers are considered an essential service and are allowed to stay open, although they cannot do anything fancy like colouring, just cutting.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Business opportunity - buy one of these and rent it out to people who can use it on your front porch...yeah, my wife didn't think much of the idea either.
I used to have a FlowBee. You could actually give yourself a reasonable haircut with one. Of course, this is truly a case where YMMV.

Nice do. I normally get a cut every week but since this madness I bought a set of clippers and a phillishaver got both for less than £40 and now my girlfriend gives me my weekly fade in the kitchen. It’s no different to what the barber does And will now save me £40 per month plus the travel. The straight razor shave I’ll keep doing myself there’s no way I’d let her near me with that.

I bought electric clippers, and my son and I are cutting each others hair. Looks pretty good, actually :).
Same here. #2 on the top and back, #1 on the sides. Just like my cute little barber lady always does. Today, my wife bought me a nice little hand mirror and Im going to get a foil shaver to shave the back of my neck.
I love my barber but I may just do it myself from now on.

I might be able to go another week. Although I have gone to a barber the past few years, my wife cut my hair for many years. We still have the Froom shavette with guard that she used. So we might need to pull it out soon.

I told my wife I would gladly cut her hair with one my straight razors or even the shavette, but she does not trust me. We also have barber sheers. If this goes on much longer though, she might give in .

Longest my hair has been in decades, as in 1987. Always keep it high and tight. Really strange combing the hair on the side of my head. Well my face is still smooth.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
With six cats, ya gotta keep hair and fur under control!

Been using a Wahl trimmer for 25 years ... Or, wife's used one on me!

AA

Top Bottom