What's new

Nivea Shaving Cream Review

here in ontario the local walmarts no longer carry the creams in the tube, along with Rcss had 4 of each left and bought them, and also the shopper's Drug mart does not stock them anymore from my searching but did find one store that has about 10 of each tube. The creams are very slick, soothing and moisturizing, and pair well with any aftershave as the scents are present but subtle, I intend on stocking up on these tubes in a crazy way, not a fan of cans.

They sell the regular and sensitive tubes at London Drugs in Nanaimo B.C. I haven’t tried the sensitive but love the regular tube which I take on vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My last tube of Nivea was from Amazon, it was from Germany and took a very long delivery. My recent reorder from Amazon resulted in it being returned because it wasn't from Germany. A reorder from Amazon through a different seller resulted in a better product but not the same quality as the original.

I saw this stuff in stock at Q Brothers in Chicago, but hadn't seen this thread. Their website shows the price at $5.95 a tube. I'll pick some up next time I'm there.

I have the white tube. It sounds like it's very similar except the tube your reviewed has silicone as an ingredient.

I think the cream was reformulated when it changed the name, "Originals" to "Proctect&Care".
At least the shaving cream available in Europe doesn't have silicone:

Aqua, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Parfum, Maris Sal, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Oleic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Linalool

I picked up a tube of this at Q Brothers, as I noted previously. I got a chance to use it this morning.

Overall, I liked it. There's not much scent to me. I had enough lather for a 4-pass shave using about 1.5 inches of product whipped up in my scuttle. There was a lot of slickness to the lather. If you can find it, I would recommend trying it.

While buying a couple of Fine Accoutrements brushes on Amazon Canada, I decided to check the price of Nivea shaving cream. The white is $3.79 Canadian (currently $3.29 with a $0.50 instant coupon) and the blue is $3.49.

The two brushes came to $30 total and I needed $5 to get to the free shipping threshold, so I bought two of the white tubes.

Seems like if I need more of the white (sensitive), then Amazon Canada is the place to go if it becomes scarce at Shopper's Drug Mart.

Nivea has long been a European staple. Good quality cream at a nice price. What's not to like?

Nivea has long been a European staple. Good quality cream at a nice price. What's not to like?

Long indeed, since the 1930's. Good stuff.

Some vintage ads:

1583420210997.png

1583420277590.png

I have sensitive skin, but much prefer this one (blue tube), because the scent is lighter than sensitive version. YMMV.

If anyone sees this anywhere in singapore, please let me know. I don't care if it's the white or blue version. I got a tube in 2018 from haniffa and now they don't seem to be selling it.

It seems I always miss the boat. Not just with shaving stuff. There is always something I hear about thats desireable when its no longer available, at least not conveniently.
When this stuff was staring at me on the shelves I didnt buy it. Now I want to try it. Everyone seems to love it, so why the heck isnt it available in the US anymore?

Anyway, I guess I am exagerating a bit because there are 3 new desirable creams, 2 of which I bought in the store today, one on the way from amazon, that get rave reviews on here. So I have plenty of stuff to try and lots of it that will last a year or two.

Is that a Bakelite open comb slant in that second ad I see? Very cool finds, thanks for sharing!

I've always enjoyed Nivea products but since I'm located in the US I'm limited to cans and balms only in my local stores. I hate to deal with shipping charges and long waits so it may be awhile before I can give the cream a go.
Shipping charges aside, even if it takes 3 months, at least you will have it in 3 months. If you dont order it now, you wont have it at all 3 months from now.
:a22:
That being said, I am disappointed too. See my above post. But there are a lot of other great creams to try too. Since YMMV, maybe you and I would be disappointed in Nivea if we tried it, especially given the buildup. I mean, I would be ok if all I could use was Barbasol for the rest of my life. Its just that variety is the spice of life, hence this forum for hobbyists and RAD and the appeal of trying something new.

Top Bottom