What's new

Nivea Shaving Cream Review

Picked up a tube yesterday during my grocery run for a cool $3.25.

I have the Nivea Sensitive Skin shaving cream ( the white one ) already and use it regularly as part or my weekly rotation.

Much to my suprise, the frangrance on this one was on the slightly lighter side. Has a somewhat fresh and aquatic feel to it.Very smooth to lather , and the slickness was there too. I only needed a dab of cream to get three passes done - in all honestly, I probably still had enough cream left after i was done for a brand new 3 pass shave. Maybe i used too much cream to begin with?

Either way, an enjoyable shave although i would have liked it better had the fragrance been stronger, kind of like the white one.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is good stuff. I like it. Don’t use it as much as I would like as I am trying to use up my soaps. Thanks for the review.

Great review! Your findings are pretty much the same as what I experienced, including the part about the smallest amount of cream making huge amounts of lather. For me, a 1 cm blob makes enough lather for five passes.

Nivea Sensitive is also part of my regular rotation. Like you, I prefer the scent of the Sensitive over the regular Nivea (blue tube).

I have the white tube. It sounds like it's very similar except the tube your reviewed has silicone as an ingredient. The white tubes I have stored in my fridge have always had a faint, modern fresh type scent that's inoffensive (because it's a sensitive skin product).

I like their Sensitive Skin Cooling shave gel in the can. If they put this stuff in a tube, I would definitely use it. It's got a very natural marine scent, similar to Art of Shaving's Ocean Kelp, owing to the fact it actually contains a seaweed extract. It also lathers very easily, seems to have no burn or irritation, and leaves my skin feeling good.

Last edited:
That's a good shave cream. I have both sensitive and the Regular one as here in Athens is the easiest cream to find. The sensitive is good for what its says... for sensitive skin and if you leave the lather leftovers on your face till you wash out your brush etc etc it takes all propably irritations due to wich hazel containing. The Regular (the one in the blue tube) has a nice aquatic as you said aroma but i found it much more slicker than the sensitive. Overall a good, easy and cheap cream!

Last edited:
Where did you get this cream? Nobody seems to have it online and I haven't seen it at Target.

I could order it from Germany but it would take about 3 weeks to get here.

Where did you get this cream? Nobody seems to have it online and I haven't seen it at Target.

It seems that Nivea creams have gotten scarce in some places. A friend in TN told me that his local CVS and Walgreens no longer stock them. In my city (Vancouver, B.C.), Walmart stopped carrying the creams in favour of the canned foams and gels.

I phoned Walmart customer service who said that it was discontinued by Nivea. That was a shock, but it turns out that only Walmart stopped carrying it. Big sigh of relief! Other major retailers still sell it here, as well as Amazon and eBay. It's more expensive (Walmart was $1 cheaper than everybody else), but at least I can still find it.

It's weird how these creams are so easy to get in other countries, but not the U.S.

I got it from Real Canadian Superstore here in Vancouver. I’ve also seen it around other places like Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs. Did you check Ebay?

Hi @salman,

Did you happen to notice if RCSS carries the Sensitive (white) cream? I looked at the website, but it only shows the Regular (blue). London Drugs' website doesn't show the Sensitive, either.

Shoppers has the Sensitive, so that's where I've been buying it.

I got it from Real Canadian Superstore here in Vancouver. I’ve also seen it around other places like Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs. Did you check Ebay?

OK, that explains everything.

@Demolition is right, it does seem alot of stores here in the US are moving back to only stocking Nivea's canned products. I suspect on the low-end of the US shave product market, tubes don't sell nearly as well as cans.

It seems that Nivea creams have gotten scarce in some places. A friend in TN told me that his local CVS and Walgreens no longer stock them. In my city (Vancouver, B.C.), Walmart stopped carrying the creams in favour of the canned foams and gels.

I phoned Walmart customer service who said that it was discontinued by Nivea. That was a shock, but it turns out that only Walmart stopped carrying it. Big sigh of relief! Other major retailers still sell it here, as well as Amazon and eBay. It's more expensive (Walmart was $1 cheaper than everybody else), but at least I can still find it.

It's weird how these creams are so easy to get in other countries, but not the U.S.

Vancouver, B.C.?
Maybe a US retailer is not the best choice, as Nivea shaving creams are hard to find in the US, but London Drugs and Shoppers Drug Mart both carry the blue Nivea shaving cream.

Working for an airline and sometimes looking for interesting shaving products in foreign drugstores I found that the Nivea range differs from country to country and that Nivea shaving creams are only available in some.

I don’t use Nivea shaving cream that often, but find it a good solid performer that punches over its weight and is generally easy to find.
I always have a few tubes lying around.

Generally, I have much more confidence in Nivea than in Proraso for example (also available in Shoppers Drug Mart) that once gave me a rash.

B.

Last edited:
Nivea shaving cream is readily available in the Middle East. Not all Nivea products are marketed in other countries.
Yes, just have a look at the eBay sellers who carry the cream. On the first page of results, they're from Bulgaria, Egypt, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Portugal, Romania, and Ukraine. The only stuff offered by U.S. sellers is the canned foam/gel and the various ASBs. Seems to highlight how the supply of these creams are constrained in the U.S.

Hi @salman,

Did you happen to notice if RCSS carries the Sensitive (white) cream? I looked at the website, but it only shows the Regular (blue). London Drugs' website doesn't show the Sensitive, either.

Shoppers has the Sensitive, so that's where I've been buying it.

I don’t think RCSS has the white one. It’s only the blue one. I’m positive i’ve seen it at London Drugs though. Maybe they keep on change whats in stock?

Thanks for the info! I vaguely remember seeing the white one at London Drugs, too.

Now I know that there's at least two places that sell it here: LD and Shoppers. I might have to visit a few locations and clean them out. This talk about Nivea becoming rare in North America is starting to scare me! :laugh:

The blue tube is good stuff. I picked up one to try from a Real Canadian Super Store when I was in Vancouver last summer. I should have got more given its extinction in the lower 48.

Thanks for the info! I vaguely remember seeing the white one at London Drugs, too.

Now I know that there's at least two places that sell it here: LD and Shoppers. I might have to visit a few locations and clean them out. This talk about Nivea becoming rare in North America is starting to scare me! :laugh:

I think the LD near me has stopped carrying the white one. Perhaps they are discontinuing it in Canada. When I traveled for business frequently, the blue tube was my go-to cream so I could carry on all of my luggage. I used it brushless which really didn't work that well. I should have tossed my old brush in the kit. Mind you, I had not gone down the rabbit hole here yet :).

Top Bottom