What's new

Nivea Shave Stick Differences

I found a Nivea shave stick at my local TJ Maxx. It was discounted down to $2.00. For that price, I was willing to take a chance on it. 😁

But first, I searched through this forum for discussions in the Nivea shave stick. From what I saw, there are three different kinds of the Nivea shave stick:
(1) Maximum Hydration
(2) Protect and Care
(3) Anti-Irritation

Has anyone tried all three? Does anyone know if there is a discernible difference between them? FWIW, I only found the Anti-Irritation shave stick.

Attachments

• 987DE90F-F497-4B65-8A6D-68C9798137F4.jpeg
    987DE90F-F497-4B65-8A6D-68C9798137F4.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
Never knew there's different versions. I've tried one of them in the past, and it had great performance, BUT it got very itchy. Might give it an another chance if I can find an anti-irritation one!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Not familiar with any other sticks than the one you mentioned. That being said it's a great and convenient product that I'd recommend picking up, particularly when you see it at Marshall's for 2 or 3 bucks.

Reactions: bjm
Not familiar with any other sticks than the one you mentioned. That being said it's a great and convenient product that I'd recommend picking up, particularly when you see it at Marshall's for 2 or 3 bucks.
I've only seen the Anti-Irritation stick in person. I only know about the others from pictures others posted in this forum and from other online sources. I am highly curious whether there is any difference in the sticks or whether it's all just so much Duff, Duff Lite, and Duff Dry.

Attachments

• 7E4AE01A-BE7A-443E-A8B2-E1320A4972CB.gif
    7E4AE01A-BE7A-443E-A8B2-E1320A4972CB.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
I've always found Nivea products to be of the highest quality.
You really can't go wrong with any of them.
Regret I'm not familiar with the above varieties.
But bravo to you for flying the shaving stick flag!

Ps. It's labelled "Body Shaving" and "anti-irritation."
Perhaps it's meant for those "sensitive" areas?

I've always found Nivea products to be of the highest quality.
You really can't go wrong with any of them.
Regret I'm not familiar with the above varieties.
But bravo to you for flying the shaving stick flag!

Ps. It's labelled "Body Shaving" and "anti-irritation."
Perhaps it's meant for those "sensitive" areas?
Lol! Yeah, I'm honestly curious what kind of results would be achieved by that kind of shaving. 😁

That said, I noticed all three sticks have "Body Shaving" in the same place on the labels. I suspect it is to stave off any complaints about facial irritation or discomfort. But from the threads on B&B, it appears that quite a few people have used Nivea's Body Shaving stick on their faces and got good shaves.

i got the anti irritation one and im actually impressed, grabbed two for a quid each and these nivea shaving sticks actually have a nice slickness and generally smell nice too

never seen any in poundland but i might grab some more if i see any again hopefully

I got one from Connaught a number of years ago. I believe it was the “Anti-Irritation” version.

There was just one small problem for me: its ingredients were essentially a cocktail of various chemicals with no real soap to speak of. I regretted that I hadn’t bothered to read the list of ingredients prior to purchasing. I tossed it away.

My SO was working as Health and Beauty buyer for a big retail chain and acquired a few samples, there was a nivea body shave stick within. She just mined it out from the bottom of a drawer filled with mysterious items (I live with 3 ladies) and just tried to lather it to see what's what. The lather had zero slickness (bowl lathered and not tested on my face) between the fingers and generally seemed unstable. Maybe it was my technique idk, I usually can make a nice, cushioning lather out of soaps with average effort. The stick smells nice tho, I always liked the nivea fragrances but I wouldn't use it for shaving.
I'll have another test when my daughter is shaving her leg.

Top Bottom