What's new

Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

This is another one of those few products that everyone seems to like but do not work for me. And I am not fuzzy, I like most stuff :) But by using this balm I always felt sticky through the day even when using as little product possible. Sometimes I remember the stickiness could linger on even to the next day from the Nivea Sensitive. As it was the only stuff they sold were I live for a long time it was my only aftershave product between 2003-2011 do not remember what I used before that maybe another version of it. So I had a better than nothing approach towards it. Nivea Sensitive, "3 months old" Mach 3s and Gillette Black and Red foam was what I used (not in that order). It is strange because I like many of the other Nivea products not for shaving, Nivea Creme etc. Shower Soaps. Never have the sticky from those. But so glad for knowing about more options now.
Maybe you were using too much product?

IMO many shavers use too much aftershave. IME a little goes a long way. Less is more. Just a few drops on your hand, rub your hands together briefly to distribute, and then pat it onto the face instead of rubbing it in. Again, a little goes a long way, though I'm aware many disagree and say more is better.

IMO many shavers use too much aftershave. IME a little goes a long way. Less is more. Just a few drops on your hand, rub your hands together briefly to distribute, and then pat it onto the face instead of rubbing it in. Again, a little goes a long way, though I'm aware many disagree and say more is better.

No no I never use much product of anything. So stuff last years here, just finished a TOBS gel AS I have had since 2015 and used as the only AS. I am now using a white balm from Proraso and it is not sticky either even though it seems much thicker. But I agree with you that many people seem to hose themself down with either AS or deoderant. Swirling that deostick like they are trying to bowl lather it in their armpit. :)

I use Nivea balms in cold weather. I also use alum after shaving. I tried skipping the alum and applying the balm to a well-rinsed face. My face felt greasy all day. My face never feels greasy with any of the three Nivea balms when I use (and rinse off) alum. I haven't skipped the alum since.

Balms are a must have for DE shavers, because you are going to have a bad shave once in a while, that is guaranteed.

I don't use it every day but I do keep some Nivea Sensitive in the fridge and bring it out after a bad shave. It helps alot to calm the skin and heal.

The primary purpose of aftershave is to disinfect or to apply a medicinal product. You have to use enough product to actually do that. I do a combo of patting and rubbing certain areas.

Most balms require an almond-sized amount to work effectively.

Last edited:
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm is in my regular routine and use it everyday. I don't have sensitive skin just like the way it make my face feel after a shave.
I am disappointed Nivea doesn't make the Replenishing Post Shave Balm anymore as I used it for years and loved it.
The Sensitive Post Shave Balm is I think the closest to it.
I also have the Maximum Hydration too but don't care for the scent much.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

It's one of my three favorites .....

IMG_4429.jpg

Top Bottom