Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm |VS| Proraso After Shave Balm

Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm |VS| Proraso After Shave Balm

• Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

• Proraso After Shave Balm (White)

• Proraso After Shave Balm (Blue)

• Proraso After Shave Balm (Green)

Results are only viewable after voting.
hey evreyone:
which aftershave balm do you prefer and why ?
Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm or Proraso After Shave Balm ?
In the selection of Proraso After Shave Balm please specify which version do you prefer White,Blue,Green...
Thank you :)

Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm
proxy.php

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proraso After Shave Balm (White)
proxy.php

Proraso After Shave Balm (Blue)

proxy.php

Proraso After Shave Balm (Green)
proxy.php

I've only tried the Proraso Green balm and the Nivea. The Proraso is miles ahead of the Nivea in my opinion.

The Proraso balms are rather confusing.

The green balm shown above says "green tea and oatmeal" but there's another green balm that has "eucalyptus oil and menthol."

I love the Proraso Green splash but I'm not sure if the green balm with eucalyptus oil and menthol smells exactly like it.

The Proraso balms are rather confusing.

The green balm shown above says "green tea and oatmeal" but there's another green balm that has "eucalyptus oil and menthol."

I love the Proraso Green splash but I'm not sure if the green balm with eucalyptus oil and menthol smells exactly like it.
The green tea and oatmeal is white. OP messed up on the labeling. Bottom one is White. Top one, I don't know. Previous version of white perhaps.

I am using both right now (the porasso shown first in the OP). Both are great. I use Nivea if I want a mild fragrance fee (or nearly so) experience that will likes it’s gone a few minutes latter. I also believe it’s a bit cheeper. The porasso has more of a luxurious feel, fragrance, and will linger a bit because of the menthol. Both are quite soothing. If I had to pick one though it would be porasso unless you need something with little or no fragrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nivea products tend to be very good, but the scent is very subdued.

By comparison, some Proraso products’ scents explode into your face and Proraso is BTW also the only product that I ever developed a reaction to, somthing that never happened with Nivea.

Nivea may thus not be for you if you are looking for an overpowering scent and I think of most Nivea products as a neutral base (think “empty canvas”), and use some other Eau de Cologne of my choice with it.
Regarding Proraso being “more luxurious”, for me it’s the classic Italian economy product and not associated with anything “luxurious”, rather the opposite.

Nivea has been at it for much longer than Proraso and I frankly have more confidence in Nivea skin products, as this company looks at skin care as their business first, and fragrances only second.

As you may already have guessed, any Proraso products have long been expelled from my den while Nivea still soldiers on.

But that’s me and as long as it’s available, there will always be people who love the sheer force of Proraso.

B.

M

member 119848

I used both. I much prefer Proraso over Nivea. I keep buying Proraso but not Nivea anymore.
My preference is the Proraso green (menthol & eucalyptus) because of the freshness.
But to be honest, it might just be because of the scent and presence of menthol.

Only used Proraso Green balm out of those on the list. Love it! Though it doesn’t play well with dark scents.

I may try to find Nivea soon, I hear too much good about it and it seems to fit any shave.

I have Proraso REd and Nivea Sensitive ASB. I find Nivea to be better. What beats them both though is Nivea Sensitive face moisturer that I use as aftershave most days.

Nivea is a lot less expensive and in better distribution. A great alternative to Nivea are products from Lidl and Aldi.

Both are good. Proraso is better, but if you want something mild, Nivea is good and fairly cheap. I like using Nivea Men Creme for my hands and face. Superb stuff.
proxy.php

I like the Nivea sensitive balm it has a nice scent but I also like the proraso white I like its scent as well of the 2 Nivea get used more often(probably due to price and that I can pick it up in store vs. having to order the proraso i.e. the convenience factor)

Top Bottom