What's new

Nivea Men Deep Charcoal Shaving Gel

Picked this up today.

Comes out a jet black colour but turns to a white lather- much thicker and fuller than other Nivea gels, including the famed Sensitive version.

Felt good on the face - I swear it was slightly grittt due to the charcoal in the ingredients but it was nice.

They do other products in the range including a face wash, shower gel, anti-perspirant etc.

C1223117-3F7D-4BFC-9BDF-D1BF24D6CDA9.jpeg
E65F3237-4827-46E8-8923-DCBA5ADC7FAA.jpeg
0D9AD167-192D-4F73-A136-99E80659CD2E.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks, I have not seen this one before and I like Nivea products. Something to look out for.

Thread resurrection because this thing is amazing!
I got a free sample during a supermarket promotion and gave it a try.
I was flabbergasted by its sleekness (especially the residual one since I always do a simultaneous four pass shave over the same area without relathering) and how easily my DE glides over it.
This will definitely replace the canned foams (Proraso and Figaro) I have been using for decades!
It also does "something" to the skin, I have never had better feeling and "clean" skin after shaving in my life!
I gave a can to my nephew who ,since he is still a teen,has some trouble with skin rash and breaking out and he reported to me that his skin has improved considerably after using this for a week.
Give it a try,you will be impressed!
A HUGE plus is that the nozzle can dispense the actual TINY amount you need for a shave (not more than one centimetre) since this thing lathers up like crazy so a can can easily last for 7 months of daily shaving.
Most canned gels I have tried before squeeze out too much and you end up throwing away most of it while lathering it up.
At the usual 2 EUR per can promotion price you get at the supermarket this is a great deal too money wise.

Last edited:
For a couple months I used this stuff with my Braun electric razor. It actually worked well and the gel has a nice vanilla bourbon scent.

Souinds intreguing! I'd get it for novelty value & if the price is right. Otherwise, I'll stick to the can of Barbasol that produced a perfect shave for me this morning.

I apparently had this thread in the back of my mind when passing thru the soap aisle. In a corner was Yardley Charcoal and Oatmeal soap. for 99¢ I had nothing to lose.

I've already formulated my current soap from a cucumber/melon soap with a little Cremo & glycerine added - I can do the same with this charcoal stuff. Besides charcoal, the charcoal soap contains bentonite, which apparently is no longer an issue - no discussion on it since 2015.

Stay tuned for more as it happens.

I don't get it. Why is there charcoal in this?
There may be several reasons. Pick whichever suits you best:
1. Because they can.
2. A doofus segment of society feels the need to apologise for being white. To reduce their 'whiteness' for even a moment is a plus, so a black soap makes them feel like they don't stand out. It's the same reason some dogs roll in poo.
3. Charcoal is known for its ability to absorb and draw out oil from the skin. This makes charcoal a fantastic addition to soaps, scrubs, masks and more. ... In particular, activated charcoal is fantastic for oily skin. Its ability to absorb oil and dirt from pores leaves skin feeling balanced.

There may be several reasons. Pick whichever suits you best:
1. Because they can.
2. A doofus segment of society feels the need to apologise for being white. To reduce their 'whiteness' for even a moment is a plus, so a black soap makes them feel like they don't stand out. It's the same reason some dogs roll in poo.
3. Charcoal is known for its ability to absorb and draw out oil from the skin. This makes charcoal a fantastic addition to soaps, scrubs, masks and more. ... In particular, activated charcoal is fantastic for oily skin. Its ability to absorb oil and dirt from pores leaves skin feeling balanced.

I used to be a black person.

Top Bottom