What's new

Nivea Extra Soothing Balm/Sensitive skin

What else can be said about this that hasn't been already? Excellent product, should be a staple in anyone's cabinet.

I picked up the Nivea Skin Essentials line today (minus the canned shave goo of course) today, I'm going to try it out tomarrow.

I actually have always found this product to be a bit drying. Of course I am in a pretty harsh, dry climate. Were I to relocate I very likely would consider this a plus. YMMV, especially with aftershaves.
Cheers,
Jeff

jmhAZ said:
I actually have always found this product to be a bit drying. Of course I am in a pretty harsh, dry climate. Were I to relocate I very likely would consider this a plus. YMMV, especially with aftershaves.
Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff were you using the alcohol based product? I believe there are 3 formulations.

Goosemeplease said:
Jeff were you using the alcohol based product? I believe there are 3 formulations.

I no longer have the box, which had the ingredients so I don't know for sure. The bottle I have is the Extra Soothing BAlm for Sensitive Skin. It's a white bottle. I did see a blue bottle on the shelf next to it at the grocery store but I'm not sure what the third formulation is. I'll take a closer look next time I'm in the grocery store.
Thanks,
Jeff

I bought a bottle of the ESB a while back and enjoyed it....but.
I've been looking for something a little more healing.
-----Thanks Austin for your all your advise and samples ! :wink:
The product goes on nicely and dries quickly but didnt satisfy.
That said....
Ive been experimenting with my AS and ASB concoctions for a few months and have now found the missing ingredient to my RNB ASB.
The Nivea ESB is that ingredient.
I wont bore you all with the specifics but if anyone is interested
PM me and I'll send out my formula.

I no longer have the box, which had the ingredients so I don't know for sure. The bottle I have is the Extra Soothing BAlm for Sensitive Skin. It's a white bottle. I did see a blue bottle on the shelf next to it at the grocery store but I'm not sure what the third formulation is. I'll take a closer look next time I'm in the grocery store.
Thanks,
Jeff

The white bottle Extra Soothing is alcohol free the other in the blue bottle probably contains some.

The Nivea sensitive Extra Soothing lotion in the 2.5 ounce tube works well & has no alcohol, dyes, or fragrance. I wish they would make a few different scented no alcohol after shave balms or lotions for men.
Scotty

The Nivea brand is manufactured by the German firm of Beiersdorf of Hamburg

My sister is going to Germany next week and I had asked her to bring me back some FLORENA shave creme and ASB. But looking at this thread, it looks like the ASB might be the same stuff as Nivea sensitive. (i)Both are made by the firm Beiserdorf. (ii)Both seem to have the same ingredients, or at least the main ingredients; Chamomile, Vitamin E and Provitamin B5.
Does anyone know if this is the case, that the Nivea is a repackaged Florena?

My sister is going to Germany next week and I had asked her to bring me back some FLORENA shave creme and ASB. But looking at this thread, it looks like the ASB might be the same stuff as Nivea sensitive. (i)Both are made by the firm Beiserdorf. (ii)Both seem to have the same ingredients, or at least the main ingredients; Chamomile, Vitamin E and Provitamin B5.
Does anyone know if this is the case, that the Nivea is a repackaged Florena?

I have used the German Nivea cream, and I can't tell much if any difference between that and Florena. If your sister can find it, I would ask her to bring you back some Speick shave cream and some Wilkinson Sword shave cream. Of all the creams I have used from Germany, these are the two best, IMHO. I was a little disappointed in the Nivea I got from Germany, but was totally surprised by the Wilkinson, which has Aloe Vera in it and is top notch.

YMMV, of course. Good luck.

Thanks, and I did ask her to get me a tube of Speick shaving cream and possibly Logona cream as well.

But my original question was not about the cream but the After Shave Balm.
seems to me that the Nivea Sensitive Skin Balm, and the Florena After Shave Balsam are one in the same.

I think you're gonna like the Speick. I'm absolutely enamored with it...a while back the company I work for awarded me with a $100 gift certificate redeemable online and I went to Amazon and bought 4 more tubes of Speick along with the cologne...I now have a grand total of 6 tubes of Speick (yes, I'm aware that I have a sickness.)

Has anyone seen the movie Can't Hardly Wait?..."Don't do it! You could get...A---DICTED!"

Believe it or not, I think I prefer Corn Huskers. For some reason I felt as if I had a slight razor burn that lasted hours after the shave. Not the case with CH.
:bored:

Excellent stuff :thumbup1::thumbup1:

This one and the Cooling one are about the same efficacy-wise, IMO. Both are excellent, this one maybe a touch above for being (for the most part) unscented. Love the new pump bottle. It's also light not enough to not be greasy, and even then only a small amount is needed. Rubbed between wet hands and massaged into a damp face.

i used to go with this when i had a first generation mach 3. an ok product, and i think it's better than 95% of everything else that's on the market. i think the packaging option would have improved my score. the glass container is much nicer than anything plastic.

Last edited:
The best after shave for its price, it compares to high-end after shaves like AoS & C&E. I personally prefer the regular (scented) version, but it you have sensitive skin, this one is a great choice.

Top Bottom