What's new

Nivea Deep. The best budget aftershave?

I've had a bottle of this for quite a while and am close to killing it. Been using it as fragrance as of late but it has gotten a lot of use as an AS. Imo, its got to be one of the best cheap aftershaves you can get. The presentation is nice. It comes in an elegant glass bottle with an easy to remove plastic lid (you'd be surprised how many aftershave lids can be tricky to take off with wet/slick hands or even just one handed). Has an effective restrictor though I admit, I prefer it when the glass spout restricts the flow in some way to reduce plastic usage (I forgive it given the price but it is something to consider). The ingredient list is okay. Not the best but certainly not the worst. It has some nice soothing and antiseptic ingredients without being overtly reliant on alcohol and fragrance or glycerin and cheap oils. The scent is quite nice. A boozy vanilla scent that is masculine and comforting without being overtly in your face. Staying power is naturally quite weak and becomes a skin scent in about 20min. When applied to my freshly shaved face there is little to no burn and I really like the consistency too.

What are your opinions? Any other contenders for best cheap AS? I personally can't stomach the splashes which are just water, fragrance and occasionally food colouring. They just don't float my boat anymore. Maybe Imperial Leather is that camp that I enjoy.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2040D6DB-8D60-4B35-8949-7D581181AA8F.jpeg
1B76840A-A571-44FB-8011-DBB31217836E.jpeg

Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash is the bee’s knee’s. I like it a lot. I don’t use it as much as I would like as I have so many other balms that I am trying to use up. I like to use it over Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion. They are the only two aftershave products that I use together. When I use Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion I quite like using Nivea Men Deep over the top of it. The only problem is that the Nivea Men 2: Phase Aftershave Lotion has been deleted out of most stores here in Australia.

Does it contain alcohol? If I’m not mistaken it contains denat. Alcohol, which is a different thing.

I like the burn, how does this one feel?

I've had a bottle of this for quite a while and am close to killing it. Been using it as fragrance as of late but it has gotten a lot of use as an AS. Imo, its got to be one of the best cheap aftershaves you can get. The presentation is nice. It comes in an elegant glass bottle with an easy to remove plastic lid (you'd be surprised how many aftershave lids can be tricky to take off with wet/slick hands or even just one handed). Has an effective restrictor though I admit, I prefer it when the glass spout restricts the flow in some way to reduce plastic usage (I forgive it given the price but it is something to consider). The ingredient list is okay. Not the best but certainly not the worst. It has some nice soothing and antiseptic ingredients without being overtly reliant on alcohol and fragrance or glycerin and cheap oils. The scent is quite nice. A boozy vanilla scent that is masculine and comforting without being overtly in your face. Staying power is naturally quite weak and becomes a skin scent in about 20min. When applied to my freshly shaved face there is little to no burn and I really like the consistency too.

What are your opinions? Any other contenders for best cheap AS? I personally can't stomach the splashes which are just water, fragrance and occasionally food colouring. They just don't float my boat anymore. Maybe Imperial Leather is that camp that I enjoy.
I went through a bottle last year. I really liked it. The scent is interesting, almost gourmandish.

so I was at my local Drug Mart and I noticed the Nivea Deep said “Vanilla and Bourbon” on the box. Um yea I had to grab it. It smells similar to the Nivea deep I has last year, but I haven’t used it yet. That will tell the story.

I don't know how I missed this thread until now. I love Nivea Deep. I bought this a few months ago and it has been my favorite since. It has a nice clean refreshing scent. Feels good on your face after a shave. The price is not bad either. You can get 3 bottles for $20. on Amazon.

Nivea_Deep.JPG

View attachment 1529896View attachment 1529897
Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash is the bee’s knee’s. I like it a lot. I don’t use it as much as I would like as I have so many other balms that I am trying to use up. I like to use it over Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion. They are the only two aftershave products that I use together. When I use Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion I quite like using Nivea Men Deep over the top of it. The only problem is that the Nivea Men 2: Phase Aftershave Lotion has been deleted out of most stores here in Australia.
Fairly certain that 2Phase is the same as 2 in 1; unfortunately I too have been finding it difficult to locate recently.

I use this or Speick roughly 50%.
Maybe time to sample some Deep

Top Bottom