What's new

Nivea 2-Phase Aftershave Lotion

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I believe that it is still available. It is out here in Australia. My work used to sell it but we deleted it a little while ago. I have a couple of bottles squirrelled away somewhere here. It is really good stuff. I might even give it a run tomorrow, I have an open bottle in the bathroom.

I believe that it is still available. It is out here in Australia. My work used to sell it but we deleted it a little while ago. I have a couple of bottles squirrelled away somewhere here. It is really good stuff. I might even give it a run tomorrow, I have an open bottle in the bathroom.
I encountered it in January or February of 2020, in a discount shop in the UK, at £3 (the usual discount price for the ubiquitous Nivea post-shave balm in the white bottle).

I got one, and was very impressed when I used it. You receive your punishment and your reward in one go (a strong alcohol sting if you messed up, followed by an alabaster-smooth face).

Since the shop often featured discontinuations, and the stuff wasn't expensive, I got 5 more. Now I only have 3 spare, and the one in use.

If you have any influence with Nivea, tell them it was a hit in some quarters.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Kinda worries me. I've always been kinda "neutral" on Nivea, but I'm seeing a LOT more of it available at "Ollie's" which is a closeout place here in Michigan. I'd better look the next time I'm in there.

I picked up 2 Antiperspirants and 5 deodorants by "Brut" there the other day. Lol, it was all they had. 99¢ each!

Hope my wife likes Brut, cuz I'm going to be smelling like that for a couple of years!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
C6B7231C-A564-45BB-B120-4EE4B484B393.jpeg
I used mine this morning, wonderful stuff.

On Saturday's shopping foray [delayed by bad weather here], I had a quick peek at the Tesco array of shaving products, and there was something that looked vaguely like 2-Phase, but it was just a blue box.

My gut-feeling guess is, Nivea 2-Phase is a dead product in the UK, so I'm absolutely delighted to have scored so much of it.

If you love any shaving product, and you can afford it, buy it now.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is good stuff. I had forgotten that we got rid of it at work quite a while ago and I had some that I bought and stashed at home. I have 4 bottles plus the one that I am using now. I have far too much stuff stashed away. Must start using it.

FarmerTan

It is good stuff. I had forgotten that we got rid of it at work quite a while ago and I had some that I bought and stashed at home. I have 4 bottles plus the one that I am using now. I have far too much stuff stashed away. Must start using it.
I'm going to have a look-see around these parts for some...

FarmerTan

I have a small amount at work in my locker, nice scent and feels nice on the skin after a quick shave at work.
Does it "separate" as it appears to in the ads I've seen? Interesting stuff, that does not appear to have been sold in the US of A..... But I tend to put an unscented lotion on my face in the winter and put an AS on after it. I'll be sticking to that practice so as not to incur the wrath of my lovely bride, this close to Valentine's and all....

On Saturday's shopping foray [delayed by bad weather here], I had a quick peek at the Tesco array of shaving products, and there was something that looked vaguely like 2-Phase, but it was just a blue box.

My gut-feeling guess is, Nivea 2-Phase is a dead product in the UK, so I'm absolutely delighted to have scored so much of it.

If you love any shaving product, and you can afford it, buy it now.
Maybe this is a due to Brexit?
In Germany, it is broadly available in drugstores. And it's still listed on Nivea's german homepage...

Last edited:
Does it "separate" as it appears to in the ads I've seen?

Yes. Part of the fun is, shake the bottle a lot, and try to get the emulsified mixture out before it separates again.

Maybe this is a due to Brexit?
In Germany, it is broadly available in drugstores. And it's still listed on Nivea's german homepage...

Maybe. Who knows? Meanwhile, if it is still made, it might be like Palmolive sticks, which used to be as cheap as chips here, but became a thing that you had to score on eBay, by hurling extra money at it.

Last edited:
I frankly hated the stuff and I haven't seen it around at any local stores for a while. Most people probably opt for the normal balm or brut aftershave. I'm not sure if it is just a locational thing though or if nivea just stopped making it. I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped though.

I love this product but when I came to buy more recently couldn't find it anywhere.

Ironically the last one I bought, not so long ago, had the word "new" on the box so going to be a bit naff if it's been discontinued

I frankly hated the stuff and I haven't seen it around at any local stores for a while. Most people probably opt for the normal balm or brut aftershave.

I like the standard Nivea Balm in the white bottle, and use it a lot. As far as I can work out, their "Nivea Sensitive Moisturiser" is almost the same stuff, but twice as concentrated, so have used it to enhance the Balm after a really bad shave.

Ironically the last one I bought, not so long ago, had the word "new" on the box so going to be a bit naff if it's been discontinued

The packaging here said "New" too.

Top of the ingredient list after alcohol is cyclomethicone, and there's a bit of controversy about these siloxanes: Siloxane - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siloxane#Cyclomethicones

That might have led to cold feet.

Used the Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion again today. Starting to use it more and more.
Same here. If it's discontinued, wouldn't that just be typical? My liking a product sometimes feels like the kiss of death.

I beat that trend with my favourite pan, though, by getting a spare.

It would be interesting to know if the current Nivea stuff in a blue box is a reformulated 2-phase, or something else. The blurb I read in Tesco was something like "replenishing".

Top Bottom