What's new

Nive Men Sensitive Shaving Cream

I happened to find an unused tube of the Nive Men Sensitive Shaving Cream to be used with a brush (not the foam or gel in a can) in the back of a closet that I bought years ago. I decided to try it today, and was very pleasantly surprised. Smooth, clean and comfortable shave with a nice mild scent. If I remember correctly, the tube only cost a few dollars.

I know they discontinued the product in the USA, although it's still listed on Nivea Men Canada.

Anyone know if it can still be acquired in the USA at a reasonable price? I saw some listings on Ebay and Amazon, but the prices were comparable to the cost of high-end artisan soaps.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
You may need to wait for the people holding the new old stock to decide it‘s better to sell at a loss.

In the meantime, the planet-killing/landfill-clogging kind should still work well enough with a shave brush if the manufacturer’s “ideal” lather doesn’t match yours.

It's getting harder to find in Canada now, too. Walmart stopped carrying both the Normal and Sensitive tubed creams, for example. I e-mailed their corporate HQ and they said it was being discontinued in Canada, as well. But, I've found it stocked at other retailers (including Amazon), so I think that they're full of baloney. (I hope)

It would be too bad if the Sensitive cream disappeared. Currently, it's my favourite tubed cream. Always makes a rich lather and smells nice. Cheap as dirt, too.

Nivea has a large catalog of products for men that's always increasing, products are regularly discontinued, and some old products sometime make a reappearance. They also will not help you get a product that isn't distributed in your particular region.

I see the Sensitive Cream is also no longer available in the UK or Germany, but is still listed in some parts of eastern Europe where wet shaving is probably more prevalent. I'm wouldn't be surprised if it's discontinued in Canada. It's a shame as the cream is very good at a fantastic price.

At least the sensitive aftershave balm is still available... for now...

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
They stopped distributing their shaving cream in Australia over 6 months ago. It has never been available in the PH.

I still have about half a tube left but I have switched to Proraso that I find is better for a comfortable shave.

I think it's still available at Shopper's here. It's a great cream at a great price but the new Gillette cream is about as good so if Nivea is gone there is a suitable replacement around the same price point. The only thing I didn't like is that it tended to turn pink after a few months if you didn't use it up right away.

The new Gillette cream burns me and, IMHO, smells horrible. YMMV.

I would much rather use Proraso White or Blue.

I need to try the Palmolive and LEA inexpensive creams and see how they compare to the Nivea cream,

The scent is subjective, I find it rather pleasant, but burning obviously isn't subjective so that's definitely out for you. On the bright side, Proraso is a good product and at a similar price point.

I haven't tried Palmolive or LEA but I've heard they are decent budget creams as well. Don't forget Arko creams (also sold as Derby) are in a similar price range and there are a lot of scents for it. I haven't tried the Arko creams but a lot of people seem to enjoy them so you might want to try a tube as well.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is one of my favourite tubed creams. You can still find it here in Australia from time to time. I have bought it off eBay in the past from Germany but I stopped doing that when Australia brought in the 10% Goods and Services Tax. This added 10% to the purchase price and 10% on the postage. I have some tubes in gift packs for my 4 nephews with my heirloom razors from my father and his father. I can always raid these for the shaving cream if need be.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Tried the aerosol version with a brush last night. Very slick, protective, and long lasting. Also, very easy to overdo.

Saw they also have a new sensitive can that claims to be a beard softener, but the twin-pack of regular sensitive in shame-inducing aerosol should last a while.

Top Bottom