Bolzano (18) :001_wub:
Razor: 1920s Gillette Old Type head on 1946 Tech fat handle
Soap: Proraso Red tube
Brush: Simpson Duke 1
ASL: Proraso Red [Sandalwood]
upload_2018-2-19_5-34-2.png
:001_smile

OBIF Shave #14
1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable (Delta Echo)
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Stirling 2 Band Synthetic
Stirling Margaritas In The Arctic
Aqua Velva

• Gillette Rocket Flair Tip w/ NOS Wilkinson Sword Classic (22)
  • Barburys Synth brush
  • Pinaud shave soap + Kiss My Face unscented, bowl lathered
  • Mennen Afta After Shave and Skin Conditioner
Second shave I've let my technique falter. It is taking more work to remove the stubble, meaning extra passes or touch up. Today I resorted to added pressure, which removed the stubble, but left the area under the corners of my mouth a little "red" this morning. Might be time to move from the Rocket to a slighter more aggressive razor, a Red Tip or my Fatboy.

February 19th
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: Feather ProGuard (19)
Soap/cream: L&L After the Rain
Brush: 2017 B&B Rudy Vey Brush
Aftershave1: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave2: L&L After the Rain

IMG_20180218_203555.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Polsilver shave #10.

46 hours since last shave.

Back to my Fatip Grande.

Stirling Executive Man.

Fatip Grande back to the front of the shelf where it damn well belongs! lol.

A single buffing pass ATG, one small clean up over my swirls and left side jawline as usual.

The same close BBS shave, but far smoother, with no irritation whatsoever and achieved in two passes less.

OBiF Shave #17 SuperMax Tiger SP blade (8/8/1), Merkur 20C, Mike's Bay Rum.

I'm very impressed with the guys who are getting a lot of shaves from their blade! Based on their longevity for others, there are a couple of blades that I need to try to see how they work for me (getting 8 good shaves consistently from my S-M Tiger SP blade - which means that I just started my 3rd blade - although Rule#1 only mentioned a second blade - so I'm in uncharted water here).

OBIF Day 19 Shave 19:

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (19)
Razor: Rockwell 6S-4
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Razorock Bruce Plissoft

Closeness was starting to fade a bit, so I switched from plate #3 to plate #4 on the Rockwell.

OBIF Shave #19 (2/19/2018)
Razor: I2/1963 Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue #19

Brush: B & B Essential boar - Seafoam Green (Omega)
Soap: Mini Moustachary's Raggabrash
AS: Nivea balm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Schick Proline - Shave 10

oud.jpg

I posted this shave over on my journal, here.

Long story short, incredibly smooth and comfortable . . . but I begin to detect the efficiency falling off - but only because the stubble is beginning to return more quickly.

OBIF SOTD

Blade:
Bolzano (19) :001_wub:
Razor: 1920s Gillette Old Type head on 1946 Tech fat handle
Soap: Proraso Red tube
Brush: Simpson Duke 1
ASL: Proraso Red [Sandalwood]
upload_2018-2-20_1-1-16.png
:001_smile

#15 and #16 on the 7O'Clock Permasharp
15 with Noxzema Aloe & Lanolin due to short time
16 with KMF Mint used brushless
Both topped off with Vi-Jon Spice enhanced with glycerin.
Blade still feeling good and smooth.

Last time I did OBIF it was a "Lab Blue" that went the distance. This was early in my DE days and I anticipate this 7 O'Clock Permsharp going the distance without issue

• Gillette '57 Red Tip Super Speed w/ NOS Wilkinson Sword Classic (23)
  • Vie Long brush
  • C. O. Bigelow shave cream, face lathered
  • Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum All Purpose Splash
An exceptionally warm day in Virginia prompted a touch of menthol in the shave today. And the move to the Red Tip lent new life into the Wilkinson Sword blade. Great shave. Two passes and touch up for CCS. Excellent lather helped. I forget how good C. O. Bigelow (made by Proraso) is.

Last edited:
Good suggestion. It's getting warm up here in Yankee-land, too. May be nearly 70 tomorrow. Where's that giant orange bottle of Floid . . . ?

Shave #20 done. Going to be a long eight days to the end of the month! I'm still getting good shaves with minimal irritation and no weepers, but it's pulling terribly on my chin. I suspect this is a minimally coated blade, and what I'm feeling is bare stainless. Still sharp enough, and the shaves last all day (less stubble in the morning that a Polsilver in good shape, for instance), but not particularly comfortable any more.

But this is why I chose the Rainbow in the first place. I know I can get a couple months at least on any of the top tier blades, so getting through 28 isn't a challenge. Getting all the way through Feb with a bottom tier blade, now that's a challenge, and an opportunity to improve my technique.

Top Bottom