Feb 17
proxy.php

King Cobra / Schick Proline (20)
Estoril Shave Cream
DR Harris Arlington AS / Tom Ford Neroli Portofino

OBIF Shave #17 (2/17/2018)
Razor: I2/1963 Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue #17
Brush: B & B Essential boar - Seafoam Green (Omega)
Soap: Fine American Blend
AS: Old Spice @1993

Shave #11 - Muhle R41, Personna Lab Blue.

Took some extra time today and did an extra pass (ATG) and resulted in the best shave in several days. Despite the extra strokes, only slight irritation and never any cuts or weepers.

OBIF SOTD

Blade:
Bolzano (17) :001_wub:
Razor: Rapira Platinum Lux with Phoenix 7075 handle
Soap: Proraso Red tube
Brush: Zenith 506U Manchurian
ASL: Proraso Red [Sandalwood]
upload_2018-2-18_2-37-26.png
:001_smile

Shaves 12, 13, and 14 in on the 7 O'Clock Permasharp (Indian Green)
Software: Arko, KMF Mint, Cade soap
AS: B&M Cologne Russe (13), BBW Dark Amber Post Shave+Face Lotion (12, 14)
Still running smooth and strong even on today's weekend 3-pass shave
Still feeling good at 10pm

Small note: when I changed to the L125 a few days back, I should have noted head only. It's riding on a Maggard's MR18c. "c" noting the ones where they tried to mimic titanium coloration that didn't pan out - meaning I got a real bargain on this handle.

ProGuard(15)

Skipped another day on Friday after a late alarm. Two and a half days of growth before pulling out the Feather Artist Club SS Kamisori.

The first pass was with the remains of some ancient Proraso Green. Even WTG, it was tough. Switched back to some Stirling soap for passes 2 and 3. Much better and I ended up BBS.

Going strong.

OBIF Shave #13
1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable (Delta Echo)
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Stirling 2 Band Synthetic
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Soap and AS
So after shave 12 I thought about continuing to stretch this blade but after the last couple shaves, towel stropping, palm stropping etc. I'm just not into the mediocre quality of shave I'm getting at this point so to continue, I will stick with the same make (GSB) but I want a fresh one to finish the month. Sorry guys and best to everyone still on the original. Heading to enjoy this combo now..............
IMG_20180218_070833472.jpg

Last edited:
February 18th
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: Feather ProGuard (18)
Soap/cream: Longrifle Cedarwood Lavender
Brush: Wolf Whiskers
Aftershave1: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave2: Longrifle Cedarwood Lavender

IMG_20180217_201945.jpg

• Gillette Rocket Flair Tip w/ NOS Wilkinson Sword Classic (21)
  • Barburys Synth brush
  • Maca Root, face lathered
  • Masters Impulse After Shave
With yesterday's late afternoon shave, didn't have much to remove before church this morning...one WTG pass and touchup. Blade marches on.

OBIF Shave #18 (2/18/2018)
Razor: I2/1963 Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue #18
Brush: B & B Essential boar - Seafoam Green (Omega)
Soap: Beehive Sandalwood
AS: Old Spice

February 17, Shave 17
Feather Artist Club SS straight-handle
Feather AC Pro

February 18, Shave 1
Feather Artist Club SS straight-handle
Feather AC Pro

I decided this morning that it was time for a new blade. I feel bad because this is the first OBIF in three years that I've quit early. The shaves were too uncomfortable. Still, 17 shaves with a single-edge blade equals 34 with two edges! I think I might get more shaves with these blades by keeping a shallower angle. It's something to work towards.

OBIF Shave(s) OTD

Gillette Nacet (8,9)
NEW SC
No-name horse hair brush
Brutal Blue-green Willy puck

Rebounded after a disappointing experience with the Red Tip, and upped my razor efficiency with really nice results.
Still feels draggy, but with angle and pressure adjusted getting comfortable and lasting shaves, the best so far this month.
I might be more concerned if I shaved daily, but ten is a new record for any SE blade with me, and I'm once again confident it'll go the distance.

Top Bottom