What's new

Nike epic react vs Nike pegasus turbo vs Adidas Ultra boost

Looking to get some new running shoes. I've tried new balance, brooks and asics. I do like them, but i'm looking at these 3 specific ones.

It seems that the ultra boosts are probably gonna be the most proven shoes of the three since they've been out the longest. But i'm hoping there's a few out there that have the other two and can give a quick review of them.

So, which ones do ya'll recommend

Nike epic react
proxy.php

Nike pegasus turbo
proxy.php

Adidas Ultra boost
proxy.php

i'll be doing some light jogging and long walking sessions with these shoes (on a track). I do have some adidas cloudfoams and nike flex contacts that i picked up dirt cheap at the shoe store. So i do like both brands.

I had shoulder surgery last year and was doing therapy up until a month ago. I have been walking for a few weeks and now i feel like stepping up my game a bit and start jogging again, maybe some stairs (the school track i go to has about 30+ steps on their stadium side).

I've watched a few vids on the boosts, and one of the guys at the therapy place has them and swears by them. He almost had me convinced, until i started reading about the new tech the reacts and of course the new pegasus turbos have. So now i feel like im back at square one.

Running shoes are very very subjective. What works great for me might not for you and vice versa.
What I'd recommend is hitting up a good local running shoe store with a knowledgeable staff and try on a bunch of stuff. You'll find the right shoe.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Running shoes are very very subjective. What works great for me might not for you and vice versa.
What I'd recommend is hitting up a good local running shoe store with a knowledgeable staff and try on a bunch of stuff. You'll find the right shoe.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I agree with you, i'm just looking for feedback from people that have these specific shoes.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I like the looks of the ultra boost
my current pair is new balance bought from official store with computer measure and recommended insole
after a week i had to take one insole out my foot wss killing me
The shoes just hit their breaking point at about 4 months my feet hurt in them

Please ignore my comment if it is out of line, as I do not want to be controversial. But should anyone really be running? At least when looking at the longevity of their joints (knees, foot, hips) over a lifetime of 80+ years? That is a serious question to which I do not have any answer.

My physical therapist only recommended walking. Taking long walks, even very long walks. That when considering potential for injury and longevity to avoid running at all costs, and to avoid carrying a heavy backpack when walking, to avoid unnecessarily walking up stairs, etc. To avoid extra stress on the joints. I think he has a point but I think there is a lot of individual factors involved as to individual fitness levels.

Still I cannot help but wonder if ones goal is not to be the most fit person at 30yo, 40yo, or even 50yo, but rather live a long life to become a 70yo or 80yo man who has maximum mobility what is the best approach?

Sorry to go off topic, as I have no opinion about the shoes. My question is about the bigger picture.

I'm coming off a very long workout layoff. I have only been doing the workouts at therapy. It's been about 2 months since i finished that, and I've been walking and very light jogging.

I'm not an expert on the subject. But when i was a bit younger i used to do quite of bit of running and sprinting uphill. I'm positive i didn't mess up any joints.

At this point walking for miles seems to be working to lose the weight i gained during the time i was injured. I have a tendency to overdo things even though I'm technically at a beginner level again. So I'm taking it easy.

I cannot help you with these models specifically.

The only thing I would like to say is that there are now expensive shoes that flaunt extra light weight as one of their main selling points. Often they achieve this by not having durable sole materials...they wear out super fast! They are meant as "game-day" shoes where the goal is performance. A knowledgeable salesman should know the difference.

I do not have hands-on experience with any of these models. I’m currently still using a pair of Nike Vomeros that I loved, but that need replacing. Was looking at the Pegasus, so I may have to watch this thread.

Top Bottom