What's new

Nighthawk here I come!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
LGS had a week long Veterans Day celebration and LOTS of vendors and reps were there. I was drooling over an Agent 2 TFS and muttered "Damn! I need that!" A young 'un said "I just brought that down with me. You can take it today!" Starting chatting with said young man Scott Larouse who is the International Sales Manager, and mentioned that I would love to see the facility. He handed me a business card and said "Come on up! Just give me 24 hours notice and I'll give you the grand tour!" Done and done! I also "might" have mentioned something about a non-existent pistol I would love to see come to life when a voice behind me said "It exsists..." I spun around and saw a LARGE man who introduced himself as Mickey Shields (VP of Nighthawk Customs it turns out). I smiled and said "But there is only one, right?" He said that as of the moment yes but it should be available next summer or fall. I AM SO EXCITED for this particular handgun as I have longed for it since I picked up my Agent 2 (That's kind of a hint). It's going to be awesome and I can hear my wallet screaming! All I can say is squeal piggy, seqeal 'cuz I don't care! I need that pistol!!!

Anyways, I have never met a nicer, more forth coming bunch of guys and I can't wait to go visit... And see if they are needing a machinist! :lol: They are BTW... Just gotta relocate 4 hours north!

nikonNUT

Could this mystery gun be, perhaps, a 1911 Double stack in 10mm???
Double stack? Possibly... I might have referred to a "Double Agent" ;) 10mm? I'd have to ask if that is an option...

I would be super interested in a quality 1911 double stack in 10mm, in fact that is the only way I would add another 1911 to the stable. I have had lots of trigger time with my brothers Rock Island double stack 10, but it is just a little on the "rough" side for me.

nikonNUT

Don’t know if 10MM will me an option but I’m already building it in my head. Gov’t Model, double stack, iOS cut with RMR, burnt bronze cerokote, custom serial number maybe something with my initials and 00007 (double 007. Get it? 🤣 ) and Heine straight 8 night sites. Time will tell.

nikonNUT

And the date is set! Headed to Berryville on the 25th, followed by a visit with my brother, sister-in-law, and nieces. Morning of the 26th I head to Ninnekah and Fouled Bore Precision. @OkieStubble Game for a round of shooting? I can bring whatever! Especially now that I figured out you don't need a 5520.20 to transport a suppressor across (free) state lines. THAT would have been useful information a while back! :facep: :lol1:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
And the date is set! Headed to Berryville on the 25th, followed by a visit with my brother, sister-in-law, and nieces. Morning of the 26th I head to Ninnekah and Fouled Bore Precision. @OkieStubble Game for a round of shooting? I can bring whatever! Especially now that I figured out you don't need a 5520.20 to transport a suppressor across (free) state lines. THAT would have been useful information a while back! :facep: :lol1:

Lol. 5520’s are for auto’s and short barrels? :). The week of the 26th I will be in Denver visiting my youngest daughter who turns 26 on the 28th. :)

nikonNUT

Lol. 5520’s are for auto’s and short barrels? :). The week of the 26th I will be in Denver visiting my youngest daughter who turns 26 on the 28th. :)
Yep, as well as destructive devices. Which is good to know since if I ever get an anti-tank rifle it will have be carried on the roof of the Yaris. Ought to clear traffic nicely though! :lol: Have fun in Denver! If all goes well at FBP I'll be back!

nikonNUT

Today was the day! I have to say I was impressed! The “Vault” was mind blowing. It is about a 1000 sq/ft room complete with a Fort Knox door. They have a sample of every pistol ever built, plus rifles, plus samples of the pistols their gunsmiths built to get into pistolsmiths guild, plus charity guns, and the guns the owner built are inset into a huge conference table. After the presentation Scott showed me the heart of operations. Met the gunsmiths, saw the entire operation from machining to shipping (minus some proprietary machines they couldn’t show me). It was great day and at end I was informed that Mr.Reeves had personally asked for my contact information as they are expanding and he would like to be able contact me when they needed another machinist and I was welcome to reach out if I was ready before that call. Didn’t expect that but I might have a hard decision to make! First would problems I suppose. Great people all around and the pride in workmanship and friendliness is overwhelming!!!

Today was the day! I have to say I was impressed! The “Vault” was mind blowing. It is about a 1000 sq/ft room complete with a Fort Knox door. They have a sample of every pistol ever built, plus rifles, plus samples of the pistols their gunsmiths built to get into pistolsmiths guild, plus charity guns, and the guns the owner built are inset into a huge conference table. After the presentation Scott showed me the heart of operations. Met the gunsmiths, saw the entire operation from machining to shipping (minus some proprietary machines they couldn’t show me). It was great day and at end I was informed that Mr.Reeves had personally asked for my contact information as they are expanding and he would like to be able contact me when they needed another machinist and I was welcome to reach out if I was ready before that call. Didn’t expect that but I might have a hard decision to make! First would problems I suppose. Great people all around and the pride in workmanship and friendliness is overwhelming!!!
Any word on a 1911 double stack in 10mm? lol..

nikonNUT

Any word on a 1911 double stack in 10mm? lol..

Already have one. Sorta....
It’s the Shadow Hawk long slide with the DS frame option. Down side (?) is it is a 6” barreled pistol. Maybe they would do a 5” version?

Last edited:
Already have one. Sorta....
It’s the Shadow Hawk long slide with the DS frame option. Down side (?) is it is a 6” barreled pistol. Maybe they would do a 5” version?
The specs show 9 round capacity?

Top Bottom