What's new

Night vs Day Shaving

Me and my buddy had a bit of an argument today of the pros and cons of night vs day shaving, I wonder what y'alls opinions are.

When I worked construction I would shower and shave after work. When I worked In an office I showered and shaved befor work.
Now days I might shave around noon.

Pro of morning shave: You head out for your day feeling sharp and fresh shaved. :thumbup1:

Pro of night shave: It's a nice relaxing way to finish off your day and you can take your time. Plus you have until morning for your face to recover should the shave go south :blink:

Personally, and from habit, I enjoy shaving in the morning. My dad did it, my older brother did it, and I followed along. Dad told us, "A gentleman always shaves in the morning and reports clean saved to work. Four years in the army re-enforced this habit.

Pro of morning shave: You head out for your day feeling sharp and fresh shaved. :thumbup1:

Pro of night shave: It's a nice relaxing way to finish off your day and you can take your time. Plus you have until morning for your face to recover should the shave go south :blink:

That's exactly why I shave at night, always have something to look forward to after work or school.

Depends on the hours you keep. I work a desk job 7-4. Takes me an hour to get to work.

Typically, Saturday is morning/afternoon shave. Sunday weekdays is 10pm shave give or take.

Both are nice times. My lifestyle isnt a stickler for clean shaven at 4pm workdays and i have a thick dirty blondish beard.

Not that I have to be clean shaven for my job, but I don't like shaving the morning/afternoon before heading into work. I don't like getting up extra early to shave, and I still end up feeling rushed unless I wake up far earlier than I need to. Then, if my shave is going poorly, I have to go to work with a bright red neck or other battle scars. Admittedly, my technique is getting better, though, and I'm starting to get less worried about nicking myself. Still, I think it's safer for me to shave the night before, so I at least don't go to work with my skin feeling raw.

I have made a habit of shaving at night for years. I just enjoy taking my time, not being rushed.

I work in power plants, so there's really no need for me to show up to work with a BBS. In fact, I frequently skip days when my hours get long.

When I worked construction I would shower and shave after work. When I worked In an office I showered and shaved befor work.
Now days I might shave around noon.

I work in the construction industry, and shave in the evenings. Every once in a blue moon I have a pre job meeting, and might shave in the morning. I really enjoy the evening shaves tho..

I don't think I could shave at night - my beard grows so fast and thick that I'd never get through the following workday looking acceptable. I envy those of you that can, as I can't take too much time shaving in the morning since I have to get moving to work.

I shave at night because I have to be out the door to early in the morning o enjoy it. Also, my bathroom window is located directly opposite the sink and mirror, causing horrible backlighting.

Shaving at night allows me to relax before bedti me. I can lock myself in the bathroom, turn on some music and gt lost in the action.

There is nothing to debate. Just choose what suits you best and go with it.
A gentleman doesn't have to rationalize his shaving preferences to any man.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've done all three versions. I started shaving in junior high, and just assumed it was a morning thing, so always went to homeroom with TP stickers. In college in the 60's it was when it feels good or she complains thing. So sometimes once a week. At work I had to mow down the heavy beard at 6 am or look like a 5 o'clock shadow GEM ad by about noon. In retirement, I've reverted to evening shaving for the relaxation and nobody tomorrow will care if I am BBS, if there is then I go in the am.

I think it is mostly situational, based on how meticulously you want to be shaven, at what time you need to present the smoothest kisser, and your beard type.

From what I read around here it seems that people who shave at night do so to take their time and relax. Maybe even to practice.

That's why I do it mostly at night. Eventually if I get faster or find what works best for me, I might do more morning shaving.

if you care about looking super clean for work, then morning is the best choice. All up to you buddy !

For me, and I'm weird in many ways, I shave in the morning because I enjoy feeling how close my shave is throughout the day.

A night shave. Up early, two kids to get dressed and out the door. Very relaxing to shave at the end of the day - I can take my time.

Pro day: Clean shaven for the day, and if you use an aftershave with a strong scent it carries with you like an EdT
Pro night: Sleep in an extra 10 minutes in the morning; take your time

I shave at night most of the time but will apply some aftershaves in the morning just for the scent.

Top Bottom