What's new

Night time shaving

hello all,

I am quite fond of night time shaving, and I'd like to ask if anyone has a favourite night time shaving soap, specifically scent wise. I am looking for that sort of relaxing and subtle scent that makes you feel like you're ready for bed, or even a night time scent to just simply stay home and enjoy the rest of the evening in peace! Thanks

Night shaves are awesome. My go to's are lavender based or citrus. A little menthol is pretty relaxing as well. Here are my favorites:

Cold River Soapworks Provence
Cold River Soapworks Limenthol
Reef Point Soaps Tranquility
Martin De Candre Original
Sudsy Soapery Lavender and Peppermint
Sudsy Soapery White Sage and Lime
Blackship Grooming Shiver Me Timbers (Tea Tree and Mint)

Best night aftershave: Fine Lavender Pour Homme. It'll have you counting sheep.

Night shaves are awesome. My go to's are lavender based or citrus. A little menthol is pretty relaxing as well. Here are my favorites:

Cold River Soapworks Provence
Cold River Soapworks Limenthol
Reef Point Soaps Tranquility
Martin De Candre Original
Sudsy Soapery Lavender and Peppermint
Sudsy Soapery White Sage and Lime
Blackship Grooming Shiver Me Timbers (Tea Tree and Mint)

Best night aftershave: Fine Lavender Pour Homme. It'll have you counting sheep.
Fantastic, I actually had my eye on Sudsy Soapery, how do you like them? And how would you describe the scent of white sage and lime ?

I recently started showering and shaving at night. 0400 is to early!
Sudsy Soapery White Sage and Lime is about all I've been using lately. I may actually finish a container! And will definitely buy again. Scent is mild to moderate. Soft Sage and a hint of Lime. Performance is excellent. Very easy to use.

Fantastic, I actually had my eye on Sudsy Soapery, how do you like them? And how would you describe the scent of white sage and lime ?

Their soaps create an awesome lather. The suds contain bentonite clay which I think adds to their performance. The recipe is also butter heavy and leaves a post shave that rivals tallow in my opinion.

@Hoka Hey nailed the scent above. Sage forward and the lime is in the background.

I recently started showering and shaving at night. 0400 is to early!
Sudsy Soapery White Sage and Lime is about all I've been using lately. I may actually finish a container! And will definitely buy again. Scent is mild to moderate. Soft Sage and a hint of Lime. Performance is excellent. Very easy to use.
Can't comment on that scent but I have the citrus and bay and it's a great scent and top notch performance wise.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Night shaving is much more peaceful and you can take your time more than early in the morning. I usually shave whenever I have time so no particular night soap for me, but some that may be ideal for night shaving would be pretty much any soap with a herbal scent, lavender, sage, maybe a fougere (just shaved with a fougere scent about half an hour ago and it is a peaceful scent) or any other calming scents would work as well. Bay rum or something light and spicy come to mind also.

I used Reef Point Soaps for a night shave this evening and this is now in the PM rotation. Very nice, calming and refreshing scent.

I am also a night shaver and enjoy earthy scents - I find them relaxing. Also Bay Rums. :)
Some evening scents I enjoy:
Catie's Bubbles - La Terre Verte
Chiseled Face - Sherlock and Summer Storm
PAA or Mikes Bay Rum
Tabac
B&M First Snow
L&L Harmony
SCS Smoke and Beads
Tallow+Steel Maya
Eufros Rosa Bourbon
SC Love

Good luck!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
C&S No. 88 followed by a splash of Thayers Hazel with Rose Water.

I am thinking about getting another SV soap. Can anybody recommend a good scent for the evening from them? I was thinking Manna.

Top Bottom