What's new

Night Owl or Earlier Riser?

Are you a night owl or an early riser? Or both...or neither?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both. I seem to do just fine with about 6 hours of sleep. My internal alarm clock doesn't let me sleep in. Pair that with a juvenile distaste for going to bed before midnight, and that about sums me up.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
download.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm both, sort of. I like staying up late when I'm socializing, and I usually have no problem staying up until 2 AM or later when I'm around people and having a good time (for example, my average bed time for New Year's Eve is somewhere around 3:30 or 4 AM).

If I do go to bed around 10:30 (which is fairly typical on a weeknight), it's not unusual for me to be up before the Sun.

Both, I have to be up at 5am everyday to get to work but then stay up late on Friday and Saturday nights and sleep-in until 0800-1000 depending what time I lay down 12-3am.....

Last edited:
I'm both...I think that I'm naturally inclined to be a night owl, but I really prefer getting up early and getting started with the day. Couple that with the fact that I really need 8 hours of sleep to be at my best, and I am usually in bed by 9:00 or 9:30, and up by 5:00 or 5:30.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm the same as @DocPapi. There are times when I have to be on deck at 0200 for work. Then I will go to sleep earlier to ensure that I get my 8 hours of beauty therapy.

Up for 0530, good untill around 1300hrs, then again from around 1600 to 2100, then bed. Thats a work week. Weekends are, up when I wake, bed when I fall asleep.

I am still all over the clock. Most of my career I worked days in the construction season (paving) and mostly nights (plowing) mixed with days (painting) through the winter.

Old habits die hard.

I was a night owl for many years due to work. I had a lot of time flexibility and felt like I got my best work done at night when it was quiet and peaceful. For the last few years, I've tried to change my habits to be more in sync with natural daylight, so I prefer to get up shortly after sunrise and go to bed early enough to get 7-8 hours of sleep.

Always been an early riser. I used to work security, and I had so many night shifts (always 12-16 hour shifts) it ******* killed me. Eventually when I moved further away I quit that job because it was ruining my quality of life. Now I am a lot more productive

Top Bottom