What's new

Night Owl or Earlier Riser?

Are you a night owl or an early riser? Or both...or neither?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My father in law died in May. We talked a lot about his growing up in the depression. His family worked the farm, goats, cows, wheat, corn, sorghum. I asked him why he joined the US Navy. He said, "so I could sleep late."

Is an early riser 4am or 6am?
Six a.m. feels to me like I've wasted some time.

Until this craziness I got to work for about 6:30 so I could avoid the commute traffic and find a place to park, and also because I could have some quiet time for writing or just surfing the 'Net. This meant that on exercise days I had to get up about 4. For some reason I still do, except on those days when I wake up spontaneously at 3:30 and can't go back to sleep. Being up that early is sort of like having the world to yourself.

I nap from 12:30 to 2 nearly every afternoon and am up until 10 p.m. Seems to work for me.

I'm usually up around 4 am. In my late teens until my disability worsened I could go to sleep at anytime of the evening. Didn't need to be sleepy, as long as the sun was down if there was nothing to do, nothing to watch all I had to do was lay down and turn off the lights. No mo'.

Last edited:
Both. My job requires me to get up at 4am but on the weekends Im routinely up until nearly midnight. I'll admit its probably not the smartest lifestyle in the world.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Both, unfortunately. I work 3rd shift on the weekends and have the weekdays off. So weekends I’m a very grumpy night owl. Weekdays I’m a very grumpy early riser.

Unless of course I’ve had a few to many beers the night before. Than I’m a very grumpy midday riser.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Both, unfortunately. I work 3rd shift on the weekends and have the weekdays off. So weekends I’m a very grumpy night owl. Weekdays I’m a very grumpy early riser.

Unless of course I’ve had a few to many beers the night before. Than I’m a very grumpy midday riser.
You need to watch the movie, "Grumpy Old Men."

Top Bottom