What's new

Nicks Builder Pro Boots Break-in Log

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Let us know how the tanker boots go. I have two pair of Iron Rangers nicely broken in. I also have a great pair of Lofgren engineering boots that are hard to get into than when I get into them they are about a size too big.
Any ideas on making the engineering boot fit a bit better will be greatly appreciate. They cost my first born almost. I want to get the best out of them.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Let us know how the tanker boots go. I have two pair of Iron Rangers nicely broken in. I also have a great pair of Lofgren engineering boots that are hard to get into than when I get into them they are about a size too big.
Any ideas on making the engineering boot fit a bit better will be greatly appreciate. They cost my first born almost. I want to get the best out of them.

I‘ll post an update when they arrive. I currently have a pair of military tanker boots and like the look. However, as with many things in the way of military uniforms, they don‘t fit the best and even with expensive insoles my feet still get sore. I wear them primarily for the look and for traveling because they are quicker to get off and on in the airport than lace up boots.

Since I like to pack extremely light and we do most of our traveling in the winter to sunnier places, I like to leave home wearing the tanker boots. This way I have good winter protection, a style that I enjoy, and relatively easy on/off footwear. In my small day pack I have a pair of Keen UNEEK Evo shoes for most other occasions.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
After reading through this incredible thread about @OldSaw ’s journey with these boots, as well as the other great boots that have been mentioned along the way, one thing has become very clear to me after reading this thread....

I gotta get out of here.... STAT!!! :eek2:

Nicely done. :thumbup1: :yesnod:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Lots of good info but 9 pages are a lot of to go through, just wondering how you got sized. I’m in Hawaii so it’s all gonna be DIY. Been buying Redwings for 17 years but might be time for an upgrade.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Lots of good info but 9 pages are a lot of to go through, just wondering how you got sized. I’m in Hawaii so it’s all gonna be DIY. Been buying Redwings for 17 years but might be time for an upgrade.
The fitting procedure is fairly complex. With the help of my wife we traced my feet on their pattern. Then we measured around my feet, ankles, and calves per the instructions. After sending all that in, along with a questionnaire, they sent me a “try on” pair. While wearing them I did a phone consultation with a representative from Nicks. When I sent them back they made my boots.

I wore the Packer boots today for a hike in the woods and remained impressed at how comfortable they are, it was a real pleasure to walk in them. I even found a cobbler here in Europe (the Netherlands) who can resole them for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
nicks-ranger-boots-after-2-years[1].jpg
I didn't realize that I couldn't link to my (private,non-commercial) site for the images and that got removed by the mods. So here's one of the pictures of the Nicks Ranger boots after cleaning and after 2 years of use.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Feels good putting these boots back to work.
BCB679CC-3AC5-441D-BDE9-4D86EB91B46A.jpeg

I went with the heavier duty soles this time so they last longer.

Top Bottom