What's new

Nickel plated brass vs stainless

I saw some older posts wanting to see pictures of a rhodium plated Karve. Thought I'd throw mine out there. I had one of mine plated, I dunno, maybe a year or so ago.

IMG_0060[298].JPG.png

I saw some older posts wanting to see pictures of a rhodium plated Karve. Thought I'd throw mine out there. I had one of mine plated, I dunno, maybe a year or so ago.

Thats an older picture and I was just staring at it and it occurred to me, only the head is a plated Karve. The handle is stainless, it looks like maybe an ATT Atlas handle (?). I love the Atlas handle and use it with a number of different razor heads. It looks like that sneaky rascal photo bombed the Karve. :001_302:

Another thing I might add.... At least for the Karve razor I prefer the weight of brass vs SS, which made plating the brass head worthwhile. A side bonus is that the plated head also glides better.

Another thing I might add.... At least for the Karve razor I prefer the weight of brass vs SS, which made plating the brass head worthwhile. A side bonus is that the plated head also glides better.
+1 for the gliding note, it makes much...

View attachment 1105727

Thanks for sharing that picture. I had been waiting to see one for a while. I thought about plating my Karve a lot bit think I got so used to the looks of my polished brass Karve that I‘ll leave it like it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing that picture. I had been waiting to see one for a while. I thought about plating my Karve a lot bit think I got so used to the looks of my polished brass Karve that I‘ll leave it like it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I also have some unplated brass Karve heads and like the patina that develops over time. You can't go wrong either way. Enjoy!

Top Bottom